Thread: Quality Alaskan Outfitters

Default Quality Alaskan Outfitters

Greeting,

This is a great forum. The best I have seen. This site seems to be full of real hunters! I am looking for some help. I am in need of a few really good outfitters to book trips for. I am an agent, I have been in the business for over ten years including 4 at Cabelas Outdoor Adventures. I am planning an aggressive winter market program which includes several outdoor shows and TV shows. So if you are or you know a great outfitter that could use some professional help I would appreciate the contact!

Also, I am working on a show for ESPN 2 which features wounded soldiers. It's going to be called Grateful Nation. One of these outfitters could help make one of these courageous hunters dreams come true.

Good Hunting!

Jim Riley

Some people actually PAY to ADVERTISE here I know what I would do with this one!

Strong 1st post

Quote Originally Posted by rileysoutdoors View Post
    Greeting,

This is a great forum. The best I have seen. This site seems to be full of real hunters! I am looking for some help. I am in need of a few really good outfitters to book trips for. I am an agent, I have been in the business for over ten years including 4 at Cabelas Outdoor Adventures. I am planning an aggressive winter market program which includes several outdoor shows and TV shows. So if you are or you know a great outfitter that could use some professional help I would appreciate the contact!

Also, I am working on a show for ESPN 2 which features wounded soldiers. It's going to be called Grateful Nation. One of these outfitters could help make one of these courageous hunters dreams come true.

Good Hunting!

Jim Riley
    There is a crew from Kodiak that are involved with the Wounded Warriors annual fishing trips, and I know some are avid hunters. None are outfitters, just normal guy's to hunt.. Perhaps they could be of some assistance with a winter deer hunt for warriors??

I don't know if any of them come to this site but I would imagine they do. I can help you get in touch if you'd like.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Jeff,

Not sure what you meant? Should I pay for an add on here? Or did you mean I should use the peole that have adds on here? I am not trying to sell anything, just gather info from a group of knowledgeable outdoors people.

Default check pm box

jim---sent you a pm--check the inbox

Smile deltana

deltana outfitters is the best. sheep, bear,and caribou. I'll hunt with them again soon. PM me and I'll send you pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    deltana outfitters is the best. sheep, bear,and caribou. I'll hunt with them again soon. PM me and I'll send you pics.
    They are a great operation! However they don't like agents. Maybe the economy will change Ralphs mind. To me it's easier to use someone like me than pay a salary. We help with many of the questions the hunters have when the outfitter is in the field. Thanks so much for the help.

Riley

PM sent...................................

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Greeting,

I am an agent, I have been in the business for over ten years including 4 at Cabelas Outdoor Adventures.
    Good Hunting!

Jim Riley
    Just a thought here if your in good with cabelas. how about convincing them to put a couple of those stores up here in AK, as we are one of there largest mail order bases and they could help with our economy rather then just sending folks with to much money up here to pull out our resources?

I am not trying to be obtuse about all this however as a fellow cabelas shopper and supporter, it has irked me on many occasion to see what they get paid to ship outsiders up here and compete with local Alaskans, who out side of the commercial airlines and a few transporters see little of the benefit.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs down unpaid advertisements

Jeff,
    I wouldn't be too concerned even the mods advertise thier services and books on this forum
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Adventures View Post
    Jeff,
    I wouldn't be too concerned even the mods advertise thier services and books on this forum
    I am not sure which mod you refer too but I know that Mike Strahan does pay to advertise here. I doubt that Brian needs to pay to advertise his teaching abilities..

Riley: You are right this is a great site with thousands of real hunters from around the world. We get TONS of trolls peddaling their wares here and some of us become ill tempered with the abuse of a great site. There is a buisness that supports this little sportsmans heaven that most of us enjoy for free so we generally point buisnesses to David the webmaster and owner. I doubt that you would be wasting any advertising money that you put into this site both for your clients and your own buisness. There is also no better place to send potential hunter to get the inside scoop on hunting this great land!

Jeff,
    They don't without paying. That is not true, Justin.

Really good outfitters are booked.....

Thumbs up An idea-

Greeting,

Good Hunting!

Jim Riley
    Hello Jim,

Welcome to Outdoors Directory! I am glad you are finding it useful; a lot of hard work has gone into making it what it is today. As far as I know, this is the largest website on the 'net focused on Alaska hunting and fishing. Dunno what our per-day page-views are up to now, but last I checked it was WAY UP THERE! There's a lot going on here.

You might contact David Johnson, he's the webmaster and the owner of this site. He does allow advertising here in various forms. In fact, that is one of the primary methods of supporting this site and making it possible for all of us to share information so freely. I advertise here and the rates are very reasonable.

In addition to advertising, your input is most welcome as it relates to Alaska outdoor activities. Many (most?) of our folks are from Outside, and appreciate the chance to interact directly with Alaskans.

Good luck with your venture, and welcome to our home!

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

i'd like booking agents better if they only took their fee once. When a client returns cause i did my job right i hate to pay the booking agent again, i'm paying them for my work then...little turn on the tables, but bookies are trying to get that job security from their work as well.
    SOME of the good outfitters are booked, because of booking agents. SOME of booking agents don't do much for guys who don't charge the highest prices. bad with the good and good with the bad.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Talking

Jeff,
    When I looked into advertising for my company on the site I saw banner adds, a section in the listing guide and the rates were very good compared to other less used sites, but I thought it was against the rules to openly promote your companys products and services in a thread. Thats all I was talking about. Very similar to this thread.
    Happy Hunting
    Justin
    Justin

Greeting,

I am looking for some help. I am in need of a few really good outfitters to book trips for. I am an agent, I have been in the business for over ten years including 4 at Cabelas Outdoor Adventures. I am planning an aggressive winter market program which includes several outdoor shows and TV shows.

Good Hunting!

Jim Riley

Jim ,
    I must have woke up cranky when I wrote my responce to your posting but it seemed to me that you post was commercial in nature. When you say you are soliciting outfitters because you have been "in the buisness 10 yrs" to me it would be a slap in the face of the paid advertisers here. Its not my position to moderate here & my post was probably out of line as well. But again your 1st sentance "I am looking for some help" seemed to me as soliciting work :aka outfitters. If it wasnt commercial well then I am sorry for my post.

I do advertise myself in a unrelated forum & it is just a pet peeve of mine when I see people selling from the isles so to speak. Hopefully no harm done. Hang around & I am sure you will find what you are seeking.