Thread: "Tactical" rail mount lights...Preferences?

Default "Tactical" rail mount lights...Preferences?

Something new for me is the rail mounts on a few of my recent handgun purchases. I suppose what I'm looking for is something REALLY bright, one of those that's almost a weapon in itself, perhaps adjustable beam, fairly compact, and work well on my XD40 or Beretta 96 Vertec stainless. Gotta stand up to .40 S&W, AND not break the bank.
    Any experience you'd care to share?

I stand by surefire, they are compact, durable, and very bright. I don't know if Pelican offers a tactical version but my unit in Iraq purchased a bunch and 1 out of 3 failed in short order! Not something you want to happen when doing an after attack UXO search! My pelican was dead out of the box so I was one of the lucky ones that got a surefire issued!

Default Thanks!

THAT looks like what I'm after!

Default The M-3..........

It's very durable, bright and not overly expensive. My SWAT team used them for years....probably still do. We had them on Glock 21's and 22's and they held up great. I now have mine on my XD45 but it easily switches to my G22 if I so desire.
    I've never used the Surefire weapon mounted system however I have several of their handheld lights. They too are top drawer!!!
    Good Luck
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Default Streamlight

I have the TLR-1 by Streamlight for my 1911. I like it a lot. I think it throws enough light out there. Surefires while really good, are a lot more expensive. These have gotten good reviews.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=80

A friend of mine has the TLR-2 on his XD 45. Really bright flashlight combo with lazer too. Man that thing is bright and it is a pretty nifty setup for the buttons and how it works. One side you push down on and its like a trigger for quick on off operation. The other side you push down and it locks the light, lazer, or combo to the on position until you push it back up and off. It was fairly expensive though I think prolly close to 300. I am really impressed with that companies product though.

Surefire X400