Thread: Winter Nelchina Caribou Cancelled???

Default Winter Nelchina Caribou Cancelled???

I have heard the Nelcina Caribou Hunt is a "cancelled" hunt for the scheduled October 20, 2008 season. Has anyone else heard about it? I hope I heard it wrong, a friend was still planning to go!

It's true E.O. Closes tier II hunt opening schuduled for oct. 21th http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...lations.orders it sucks cause I was planning on going

Unhappy Tier II

Well this sure sucks! I know several people that did not get a chance to hunt the first season and were planning on going out the 21st.

Mark

My wife and I were going out on the weekend of the 24th.

Now we'll go rainbow fishing instead.

You still get two apiece if you are a Federal Subsitence Hunter. Not a good day for Alaskans, again.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    You still get two apiece if you are a Federal Subsitence Hunter. Not a good day for Alaskans, again.

easy res... you have to LIVE in that unit to qualify... and then only unt the fed land... lots of restrctions on the nelchina heard there... I have been through it all being a rural person...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    easy res... you have to LIVE in that unit to qualify... and then only unt the fed land... lots of restrctions on the nelchina heard there... I have been through it all being a rural person...
    Yep,
    And all that said, if I qualified, I could still kill two. Right now, you and I can't kill even one between the two of us.