Thread: question about ss props...

Default question about ss props...

does it make a difference if you have one? i have the factory prop on my 08 yami 75. do they give you more speed? better fuel economy? any advice is appreciated.

SS props are more durable. They are also stiffer and tend to be more efficient. Which translates to better performance.

But the improved performance is going to be most apparent with larger horsepower engines. With your size engine, I doubt you'd see much difference.

Default Props

I would stick with aluminum props. If you hit something you will be happy you have aluminum. Another post about "rebuilding stainless props" says it all. A strike on a stainless will likely cost you a lower unit.

That's all I run, SS, in my outboards including a Honda 45. Better fuel economy and a couple mph on topend or more for the little 45. Your 75 would be able to use a prop 2" more pitch going to SS which would mean more speed and better efficiency.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

I always ran an aluminum prop if I was running a river that the likelyhood of running aground was high such as running the Tanana or Yukon. I would switch to a SS prop when running a river where the main concern was sticks and small trees in the water.