Thread: new info on RM797

Default new info on RM797

what does all this MEAN!!!!?

RAy
    Semper Fi!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

means i am NOT putting bleachers near Jarvis creek.... where EVERY one was going.... dang there go MY fun...

hope yall are packing climbing gear...your going to the mountians..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    what does all this MEAN!!!!?

RAy
    It means someone in ADFG just flew over the area and saw too many moose that were easily accessible in that zone. By this action, it made access to the zone open for hunting about a thousand times harder. They also saw that very few moose remained up there, so it was safe to open it up.

Looks like its going to be pretty windy also.

does anybody know if there is a hotline number we can call for a update

looks like my friend got a MOOSE from rm797! YEAH!!
    Semper Fi!

I was there lots of people not much sign (Tracks and droppings) of moose lots of bear tracks down on the Granite. Also saw a couple dozen carbiou on the river and a ton of people. Was up on the mountain glassing never seen so man people in one area ever. Should called it a poker run. In the parking lot of tower both friday and saturday night looked and didn't see any guys who got a moose. Thats all i know.

Is there enough snow for sno-gos?? My buddy is heading up during the week into zone one as basically an excuse to get out and a slim chance to get a moose. Anyways, he's wanting which to bring snowmachine his wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Is there enough snow for sno-gos?? My buddy is heading up during the week into zone one as basically an excuse to get out and a slim chance to get a moose. Anyways, he's wanting which to bring snowmachine his wheeler.
    There is no way of using a snow-go. I just got back tonight was going to be up there for a week but gave up there is so much pressure in the area. There are alot of people there. Best of luck to your freind.

Default Snow falling

We left to come back home yesterday morning around 9:30 and it was snowing pretty good. Roughly 3-5 inches and showing no signs of letting up. Close to white out conditions coming south back through the pass.

I doubt the targeted 5o moose were killed out of zone 2 but we did see several moose killed on Saturday. As already mentioned, access was poor and the high winds made getting to and across Jarvis interesting... Definitely possible if the effort was made and hunting pressure was minimal Saturday afternoon. Lots of people riding around on their wheelers but most were joy riding or sight seeing and not actively hunting......

I second what Goody said we got up there Thursday and Friday was horrible we called it quits and headed back to camp after an hour of riding the winds were gusting bad the snow felt like sand hitting you in the face. Later that afternoon 3 guys from our camp headed out and went all the way to Jarvis crossed it and came back. Saturday the weather was a little better and we went in around 1130 crossed jarvis and glassed for 15 minutes found a lone cow and we got it. But needless to say this was a very misearable trip, only a dedicated hunter would do this! Goody and I drove back just like he said in near white out conditions. On a good note we saw about 125 caribou once we crossed Jarvis.