Thread: Kodiak Sea Duck/Puddle Duck Hunting

Default Kodiak Sea Duck/Puddle Duck Hunting

Can anyone tell me how is it? Thinking of heading down there in November for deer & thinking about bring the shotgun with me. I have access to a 18ft skiff, but am curious what its like along the road system. Any insight would be great. Andy
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

Default Great

I've had great duck hunting in Kodiak for both mallards and sea ducks. You should definitely bring the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hunter View Post
    Can anyone tell me how is it? Thinking of heading down there in November for deer & thinking about bring the shotgun with me. I have access to a 18ft skiff, but am curious what its like along the road system. Any insight would be great. Andy
    Awesome Sea birds available late into november! If your gonna hunt mainly the road system? You might check out Anton Larsen Bay, Very well protected for the most part from the eliments & theres a decent boat launch out there, But the road (Anton Larsen Bay Rd.) a little rough! Some other spots you mite check are Kalsin bay & The olds river area Theres a couple decent size lakes on the way out there also; Keep in mind the road system shuts down for (Deer) Oct. 31st. Unless you Have certifacation for Bow or Muzzle loader? Then you got through the 14th Nov. I took this pic late Nov.07 Port lions.. Good luck!
    P.S. If anybody out there is in the market? I have a sweet Mossberg 935 Autoloader, Up for grabs over in Swap & Sell! http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=40631

I'm going over to Kodiak to spend thanksgiving with brother and sister in law. What should I bring? Fishing rod, shotgun? Anybody know? Where do I go at that time for hunting birds or fishing?
    Thanks,
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by otterbfishin View Post
    I'm going over to Kodiak to spend thanksgiving with brother and sister in law. What should I bring? Fishing rod, shotgun? Anybody know? Where do I go at that time for hunting birds or fishing?
    Thanks,
    Jesse
    Best sea duck hunting in the world...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.