Thread: Ever forget your ammo?!

Default Ever forget your ammo?!

Well, I did. I drove down from Anchorage to the Kenai Peninsula and just as I got out of my truck saw a grouse in the middle of the trail head! I got out my new, never fired Mossberg 20ga and @%$ - no ammo!!! I swore I put it in the truck! I tried to get the grouse with a rock, but it flew off before I got close enough. It would have been such an awesome flying shot.

Just a reminder, double check that you packed the ammo!

Default Nicely done

I generally show up with way TOO much ammo. 75 rounds, and 1 bird. Such is the nature of things. At least you were able to quickly find a grouse closer than some folks are getting lately.

Haven't done that yet, but I did forget the key to the safety lock on my Rem. 870 once. That was the last time I used the built in safety lock.

Default What are the odds of that?

When I first bought my 870 I did the same thing. Now I keep all of my keys on my truck key ring... can't go anywhere without that ha.

Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    I got out my new, never fired Mossberg 20ga and @%$ - no ammo!!!
    Just a reminder, double check that you packed the ammo!
    Heck yeah. It's just part of the deal when you get old and stupid like me.

I've hunted almost exclusively with muzzleloaders for the last 5 years or so. Can't tell you how many times I've got in the field with a 58 caliber muzzleloader and 50 caliber balls. Or a 32 caliber muzzleloader and 50 caliber balls.

It's got so bad that I put together a separate possibles bag with all accessories for each and every one of my muzzleloaders. Now all I have to do is get out in the hills with the right bag.

But don't think that makes it any easier! That sneaky 50 caliber bag keeps trying to date my sweet little 32 and really likes to hang out with the big guys- my 54's and 58's.

Anyone know where to sign up for a brain transplant?

My buddy and I did a 6 hour road trip to bow hunt for Elk when I lived in Oregon and to my surprise I had left my quiver full of arrows on my bedroom wall !!!!!
    My buddy had way to short of arrows for me to use so had to do an 21/2 hour trip out of the mountains to the nearest town to see if I could get some arrows , I was able to get some and used them to kill and elk ..

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Two bucks

That reminds me of the time when some relatives went deer hunting-- I believe it was my dad,eldest brother,my uncle and my cousin.On the way to the woods dad stopped at my uncles place for coffee.When they left,he forgot his plaid overcoat hanging on the back of a kitchen chair-- with the clip to his Model 740 30-06 still in the pocket! When dad hit the woods,he was only able to chamber one round. Well--my uncle tracked a small herd of deer in the snow while the others watched escape routes. The deer split up--and dad heart-shot a spike with his one round! My brother had lots of ammo--but also only fired once with his .303 British to bag the nicest 10 point I ever saw.