Thread: Props ??

Default Props ??

Are any GC owners in the 27' - 28' range powering w/ Yamaha 200 or 225's & if so, what size props are providing the best overall performance?
    Appreciate any advice that can be provided.

Mitch,

Mitch,

There are a couple of base model 29 footers out of Seward that are runnung F200's. One of them is called the Got Fish, not sure on the other one. They be able to give you some insight.

Pete
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Pete,
    I tried to run a query against "Got Fish", but w/ no luck, they must chat via the forum w/ another name? "Guess I'll start out w/ a pair of 14 X 19 aluminums & fine tune on a trial basis".

Mitch,

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Mitch,

There are a couple of base model 29 footers out of Seward that are runnung F200's. One of them is called the Got Fish, not sure on the other one. They be able to give you some insight.

Pete

Got Fish is the boat name. I am not sure if they are members of the forum or not. Mike can probably get you their contact info.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Kidless,

Are you re-propping, or buying new engines re-powering? My buddy just repowered his olympic from Yamaha to Honda 225 and the fuel economy was unbelievable, due to honda vtec, lean burn, and lower unit gear ratio. But that is only relevant if you are re-powering and not re-propping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    Kidless,

Are you re-propping, or buying new engines re-powering? My buddy just repowered his olympic from Yamaha to Honda 225 and the fuel economy was unbelievable, due to honda vtec, lean burn, and lower unit gear ratio. But that is only relevant if you are re-powering and not re-propping.
    Interesting, is this a new thing? I have talked to several people who have run both Yamaha and Honda and say they pretty much get the same economy. I was told buy a guy last summer in Whittier that he felt like he lost a little ump when he switched to the Honda.

Worth looking into. With this gas price every little bit counts.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Sobie2,
    I'm researching for the most fuel efficient props for the previously purchased F200's; just waiting for the 28' X 10' GC to be completed.
    -- have a buddy w/ a 28' Kingfisher w/ twin Honda 150's & he burns approx 18 GPH at 35 MPH & he doesn't run his boat very heavy-- he's had several mechanical problems w/ less than 200 hrs: I'm devoted to Yamaha's!!

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    Kidless,