Thread: ship creek drainage hunt

Default ship creek drainage hunt

how do you get into this area? how far back is it? and is it usually a succesful hunt?

RM435 is closed so I hope you have a permit.

All the moose in the Ship Creek drainage have high-tailed it up and over into the Campbell Creek drainage. My wife and I hiked out from Glenn Alps today and saw no less than 25 moose and just as many voyeurs watching the rut. All with a long lens. lol

There are still plenty of moose in the Ship Creek drainage, i've seen'em way back in there. Your going to have to walk a long ways to find a bull once that hunt starts.

Default Not Sure

Of the hunt area, but the easiest way to get the the head waters of ship creek, is to hike in from Indian creek. Their persepctive head waters almost met each other. I think it is six miles of easy hiking to go up Indian and slip right into Ship.

Default well

It is far from a easy hike thru Indian. More like postholing in mud for much of the trip in last year. Not exactly a easy way to pack out a moose, the horses use the route and it isn't a easy trail.

Default ship creeek moose?

Flew the Ship Creek drainage today... NOT MANY MOOSE IN THERE, might be a eye opener for alot of people when they don't see any moose.

There might not be a lot of moose in there but the bull to cow ratio is pretty darn good. Only bad thing about this hunt is that most of the moose are way back there and are usually found up high in the thick brush and vegetation. Lots of bears in there too, i've seen 3 browns and about a half dozen black bears as I was glassing Snowhawk creek drainage for moose.