Thread: 16 A moose anybody get one ?

Default 16 A moose anybody get one ?

Anybody hunt 16A this season ? Curious if anybody got a moose. Seems like the numbers were way down this season. Covered many many miles of the river and many miles off the river only seen a cow. And 10 bears. Thinking of trying a new unit next season with the airboat or argo.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default 16 a

Gave up on 16A last year. We used to see too many moose to count there but the last few years 16A has been in decline

I know of four taken this year, and 6 last year.

A guy told me that he knew of a 58 inch and a 63 inch bull being taken out of there

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Covered many many miles of the river and many miles off the river only seen a cow. And 10 bears.
    How many bears did you kill. If you want more moose, you need less bears. Everyone needs to do their part in this, or moose hunting will be a thing of the past.

Does anyone know if there is a spot to land an airplane in area 16. Thinking of flying in and hunting bear, and also is it legal to shoot and kill the same day airborne, I know there was some talk about it because of the bears on the incline.

I missed a fork horn with my muzzleloader the day before it closed!! Why oh why did I bring that thing???

The last day of hunting I was making my way back to the truck and I heard a godawful scream. I immediatly texted my freind to see if that was him and if He was okay. I didnt get a reply so I quickened my way back. As I was walking back to the truck, I was almost to the road and some guys heard me walking and started grunting and WHACKING a stick on a tree. The worst moose calling I have ever heard. I gave them a wide berth needless to say. They parked there truck next to mine. I was sitting there waiting for my freind and they popped out, 2 guys and a couple of kids.

My freind said that the scream came from one of the kids and he thought maybe the kid got hurt by the stick his dad was using for pounding the dent out of his truck cause thats what it sounded like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbertha78 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a spot to land an airplane in area 16. Thinking of flying in and hunting bear, and also is it legal to shoot and kill the same day airborne, I know there was some talk about it because of the bears on the incline.
    If you have floats then plenty of spots. I had a nice bull coming in to my calls last year when a float plane buzzed it 3 times then landed in the the lake I was hunting, He floated over to the bank seen me headed his way and got back in and left.Lots of lakes to land in

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    How many bears did you kill. If you want more moose, you need less bears. Everyone needs to do their part in this, or moose hunting will be a thing of the past.

3 this spring in the same area so I was tagged out !

Thumbs up

Good on ya. A moose has just got to be coming your way, karma has a way of working things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    karma has a way of working things out.
    That's for sure just look at O.J

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i made that mistake too.?... double check you arn't on the regulatory year... i thought my grizz tag was full... shot it in June & passed one up later not realizing the regulatory year change.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i made that mistake too.?... double check you arn't on the regulatory year... i thought my grizz tag was full... shot it in June & passed one up later not realizing the regulatory year change.....
    Hmmm...good point. That probably fully explains the No Moose for Roger thing. Gotta get three in the spring and another three in the fall, before a moose can be had. Git Bisy.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

okay page 17. says a bag limit applies to a regulatory year ( July 1- June 30) unless otherwise specified...

i have seen the term Calendar year.. and the unit 16 has some very liberal.. grizz regs... you could take 2 in the spring and 2 more in the fall and forgo the next spring... and appears to be the same for blackies... you could in fact pull 6 in one year. thats 10 bears on one calendar year!

DUDE! your taxidermist would marry your sister for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    DUDE! your taxidermist would marry your sister for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your a sick man ,Because I'm the taxidermist

Your a sick man ,Because I'm the taxidermist
    SO? if you shoot 10 bears.. we can start the dueling Banjo's?

meet on face book here