Thread: Tuesday's Report

Default Tuesday's Report

I went out this morning hoping to find or make some open water knowing that with a few decoys and agressive calling that I could probably pull the birds in. I had visions of a heavy strap. But, upon reaching the trail ...this is what I found.

I tried for 30 minutes to fight my way in and finally gave up and spent 30+ minutes getting out. I'll never, ever try to fight my way through snow-loaded alders again . Normally there is a bit of a trail through, but I couldn't even find that this morning. I drove around glassing the bigger ponds that weren't covered with slush and saw very few birds. In fact, I just saw more ducks flying overhead in Anchorage then I did the entire morning out looking for them. Hopefully the weather gods will cooperate and send us a nice chinook wind. The fat lady is starting to warm up her voice. My first 0 of the season....guess it was time.

NASTY! and not so fun but hey its hunting! Did ya get any snow down the back of your neck? hahahahha! hey Im laughing with ya!

More than a little snow down the neck . If any of you have not had the opportunty to do battle with alders........I strongly reccomend against it.

YIKES. to much snow
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK