Thread: Resurrection Trail

Question Resurrection Trail

I'm going hunting with my buddy this weekend for his Kenai Mountain Caribou (DC001). I'm trying to help him get his first Caribou. Does anyone know the current condition of Resurrection Trail? At this point we are not sure how we are going to go in (Bikes or walking). It is going to depend on the conditions.

Does anyone have any information on were the heard has been hanging out recently?

Thank you in advance
    DJ

There should be quite a bit of snow up there right now. In seward we have 2 inches on the ground sticking.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HUNTN AK View Post
    I'm going hunting with my buddy this weekend for his Kenai Mountain Caribou (DC001). I'm trying to help him get his first Caribou. Does anyone know the current condition of Resurrection Trail? At this point we are not sure how we are going to go in (Bikes or walking). It is going to depend on the conditions.

Does anyone have any information on were the heard has been hanging out recently?

Thank you in advance
    I was there two weeks ago it was snowing in American pass. The Caribou were west of the trail. The trail was great from Hope to American pass. Hard hunt good luck.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default MUD!

I was up there a week ago, muddy!!! but walkable. My buddy and I hiked to the Caribou Creek Cabin and back in a day. Muddy, but you can do it. We bumped into a few caribou hunters no one reported seeing any caribou.

Did you come across any black bear?

two weeks ago there was a black bear on almost every hillside. Don't know when they den up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default Flight

I found someone to fly me out there, so I can look around and try to find the herd! We are still planning on heading out this weekend, My fingers are crossed for good weather..........We'll see
    DJ

I'll bet you'll have a good view up Big Indian Creek.
    Unknown author

Default Snow - accumulating

Looked like 4 inches on the Turnagain Pass rest area picnic tables as I drove by today about noon.