Thread: Delta Junction Firearm Restriction

Default Delta Junction Firearm Restriction

Anyone going up this weekend for DM799! Delta Junction sent me a letter today with a map of newly instated firearm restrictions for the town. Basically: No discharging of center-fire rounds within certain boundaries. If you are going up you better have a map of the areas. Basically all the city limits.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default When did this happen?

Delta Junction a city. When did this happen? I guess the last time I was there was 1979.

I recieved the same notice from the City of Delta, so i guess Ill just take my bow also.

Default Thanks for the info, Dave

A friend of mine has this hunt. Would it be possible to put the map onto this thread so others can see it?

emrdux

Well I contacted the City of Delta to inquire about the restriction and I got a very fast and friendly reply. I have included that reply below and I have requested a fax copy of the map which I will scan and post when I get a chance.

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:32 PM
    To: city@ci.delta-junction.ak.us
    Subject: City firearms regulation

I have a Delta Cow moose permit and I want to be crystal clear on the regulations regarding the discharge of center fire rifles within the city limits. First do you have a map that you can email me which details the city limits? The other question that I have is do the regulations prevent the use of either Shotguns shooting slugs or muzzle loaders? It seems pretty clear that archery is acceptable means of hunting within the city.
    We have similar regulation here in the Wasilla/Palmer area and currently allow Shotguns, Muzzle loader, and archery. It makes sense to outlaw center fire cartridges in residential areas give their extreme effective ranges however many areas across the country have found the shotgun with its limited range is very safe when used responsibly.
    Thank you,
    LuJon

From: City of Delta Junction [mailto:city@ci.delta-junction.ak.us]
    Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 2:40 PM
    To: LuJon

Subject: RE: City firearms regulation

We mailed a letter to all permit holders that included a map of the city limits. Did you not get one? You are correct in that any type of discharge is okay except center fire cartridges.

I do not have the map to email, but I can fax one to you if you let me know the number.

Good post Dave.....

Yes, Delta is a first class city....

City boundaries are clearly marked by a large wooden sign along the major highways...I belive Miltan Road is the Eastern boundary and is only two miles out of town.

The rural area around town is also populated and one should seek permission and use due diligence in shooting near ocupied areas.

Default snow in delta

would someone report on how much snow is on the ground in delta?

Thanks

2-4 inches