Thread: Mon Report

Default Mon Report

Well I headed out and did not see much flying today but there were a ton of ducks on the lake. Next thing I saw was a ton of swans landing by my decoys. We ended up counting about 53 swans and 37 ducks. With so many swans we could not shoot. When we packed it in we had a teal in our decoy that did not leave while we were in the water I could of reached out and touched it. It just saw there and squawking. Man I will saw the Widgeon's and Galdwalls were in full color. Also the Mallard drake were in full color to. We left and went rabbit hunting
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default cool

i want to commend you for just taking it all in and not bothering to shoot even on the water. your a good waterfowler. Sure you probably could have found one duck that you could have shot but would 1 or 2 ducks mean the world to shoot and then cause the whole dang scenery to go to heck and scare them off the lake? yo, good man Grey. mise well at the least try to use them all for live decoys. if one would fly by i'm sure you would have tried to put it on the strap. I would have done the same. but just sitting and having the beauty of listening to their soft trumpets while relaxing is peaceful enough. Let them just relax and eat up. for....

pretty soon they will be leaving us and will hear enough pounding going on in the lower 48. i can't believe that teal didn't take off. That's pretty amazing. maybe it even knew you guys were being cool.