Thread: Doctors vs. Gun owners

Default Doctors vs. Gun owners

Subject: Doctors vs. Gun owners
    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician per year are 0.171 Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Now think about this: Guns
    (A) the number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
    (C) The number of accidental deaths .000188. Statistics courtesy of FBI
    so, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
    We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
    Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

Dang it! I'm spose to go see doc in the morning. Just for the old turn your head and cough deal. Can't begin to imagine how much pain would be involved getting killed from that angle.

Always kinda wondered why doc had tally marks over the door.

Was nice knowing ya..........................................

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Nice one. And I'm willing to bet that people spend 20 times longer researching which gun they will buy than they do which doctor they will use. Medicine is just as much art as it is science.

What do they call the guy who graduates last from med school?

Palmer, Alaska

Being one the token democrats on here -- I have a difficult time explaining the joys of rifle owning/hunting to people from urban areas that have never been out in the woods. A useful strategy would be to invite your anti-gun neighbor out to the woods or range and let them see responsible gun owners in action. Be gentle with them. Their unfounded paranoia around weapons will be lessened providing you leave the AK-47, bushmaster, or 50 cal at home.

North Pole

Whenever the pediatrician is updating my kids records she always get me riled with the question, "Are there any guns in the house?" which I'm always tempted to answer "NOYFB!" The doc says the questions are all "canned" within the software they're using nowadays. Looks like the AMA trying to push its anti-gun agenda and collecting info to try and show how "unsafe" firearms ownership is.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Uh Oh...a can of worms has just been opened!

Where did my paranoid anti-gun neighbors get their misconceived notions?

From the democratic anti gun media, from all of the democratic financially supporting anti-gun organizations who are painting a false picture and from all the democrats in office who stand on their podiums unjustly blaming guns.

I urge you to spend a little time googling gun bills and see who votes how on these bills related to your rights to own firearms. My son did a college research paper on this very topic just two years ago. The results were astonishing! 94% of the democrats in the house and senate voted consistantly agains firearms. 98% of the republicans voted in favor of your right to keep them.

PETA has contributed million of dollars to help fund the financial needs of political figure heads who will promote their anti-hunting ideals. Every single penny from PETA has gone to the democratic party. They have never once sent a nickel to someone running on a republican ticket.

I am sorry but I can't for the life of me understand how an individual who loves to hunt and fish can proudly claim ties with a party that is hell bent on taking those rights away!

The democratic voting record says it all and IT can't be argued!

Soldotna, ALASKA since '78

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskariverrat View Post
    ...Their unfounded paranoia around weapons will be lessened providing you leave the AK-47, bushmaster, or 50 cal at home.
    I disagree. Most folks who "think" they are anti-gun (because their friends/media/politicians told them to be) will not be too impressed by going to the range to shoot a "typical" hunting rifle. However, any good semi-auto plinker, from a .22LR up to a .223, coupled with some reactive targets (anything from tin cans up to pepper poppers) will usually create the excitement and fun levels necessary to overcome the anti-gun stigma. An "AK-47" (usually an SKS or crossman pellet gun, depending on the media source) or a "bushmaster" (any AR style semi-auto rifle) are easy enough to shoot to make them fun without much in the way of owner expertise required.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Peds and guns

Having been a starting member of Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership, it does pain me to say the the national Pediatricians group is big time anti-gun. In asking about "guns in the home", do they then ask about the MORE dangerous items.... do you keep the kitchen cleansers locked, do you constantly monitor the bathtub, how about the sauna, do you make certain pans on the stove have their handles from hanging over the front edge of the stove? Bicycles are hugely more dangerous, even with helmets.

Freud was right in that paranoid ideation over guns is a sickness. Final word.. "doctor.. heal thy self".