Thread: Kodiak goat

Default Kodiak goat

DG475---Are there any Goats Left????

Leave tommorow for the Area (with 3 other buddies) where everybody and their brother hunted goats this year, I guess we are going to be the "clean up crew" mainly to pick up trash because their are no goats left. Well, anyways with the weather being as crappy as it will probably be, do you think some goats will be more hugging along the coast? I just want to get some good pictures of some Big billies. Maybe the Air carrier could fly us around some. I take it bear spray would be good to carry thru the alders?
    Hopefully,We plan on splitting up too, far from each other.

There are lots of goats on the rock. I am sure if you work for it, you will find a good number of them. they are up high, so the "hugging the coast" thing won't be an option. We got our first bit of termination dust on the road system last night but the sun quickly melted it away. The weather should hold steady the next week and it looks good to me.

Default Zachar

Actually the last time I spoke with the biologist, there had only been 11 goats taken from the area. I was down there 2 weeks ago and there was fresh snow down to about 3800 feet. When we were there it froze pretty hard on us at about 2500 feet. If you have time before you fly out, go to Fish and Game and talk to John Crye. He can tell you where they were earlier in the year. We had a group of 7 billies within 10 yards or so of us, now it is a group of 6 billies. There was also close to a couple of dozen goats on the hill below us. There are 2 guys hunting in the same area we were at right now.

If you are able to go in at sea level and climb up, there are a few places you can go to. Doubt you will get in high now and even if you could, you would probably have lots of competition. Should be lots of goats left, just be prepared to hike. Bring cramp-ons if possible too.

v/r
    Gary

Do a flyover if at all possible.

Getting dropped off without knowing if goats are in the area can make for a long hunt.

Default The plan

Thats the plan Fullcurl, after several PMs I think I have it narrowed down where the goats are, and they are not where I expected, also judging by some pictures looks like billies are hanging out with nannies too. Thanks, will try the fly around thing too, but the weather visibility might be a problem.

PM returned...