Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Kodiak Sitka bow hunt!!!!

Default Great Kodiak Sitka bow hunt!!!!

Just got back home yesterday from a GREAT sitka bow hunt. This was a DIY hunt, and had blast. Weather was awsome, actually to good
    Deer were on the very tops of the mountains and in the wide open soaking up the sun shine and little to no wind.
    First buck is a hawg 2X2 that nets 95". Second buck grosses 99" and nets just under 90". Still in velvet on the 30th of Sept. But I guess that was because he did not have testicles or a nut sack. Was quit a shock when I rolled him over to gut, and everything was not there.
    Flew back a couple days early to try out some fishing, and had a great time there as well. Best one was 72" at 200 lbs.
    Cant wait to come back in the spring for the brown hunt that I have booked

1st deer 95"
    Attached Images Attached Images

another of the 1st one

2nd deer 99" gross

2nd deer another pic

just got the tents up

my partners deer that he killed the first evening.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingTheWind View Post
    my partners deer that he killed the first evening.
    had something wrong with the upload, so here goes again

My buddies deer actually rolled down the mountain for a ways and broke off the back / G2 point.

Back at Kodiak fishing

the big one......

great deer, sounds like you had a blast. wish i could get away for some deer on kodiak.

Congrats! Looks like you guys had a good time. We were down there enjoying the sun as well during that week.

Had a mixed bag of sunshine and rain while there last week. Nice looking deer. Do you plan to archery hunt bear?

Smile Nice Blacktail

wow great deer, how much did it cost you to fly out too the other side of the island? If you dont mind me asking, Im going down there on Nov 8th and was thinking about flying in insted of hunting the road system. If the price is right thanks Tyler

Outfreakingstanding.Congrats all the way around.So details dude,Im dying to know how'd the hunt go,how far did ya'll shoot em etc... Im in the process of doing this hunt next year, and you have me all fired up wahoo.Congrats again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Urban View Post
    Had a mixed bag of sunshine and rain while there last week. Nice looking deer. Do you plan to archery hunt bear?
    Thanks,,,,,, Yes, will be bow hunting only on the brown hunt. We only had one day of rain, and it rained alittle one night.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerbenelli View Post
    wow great deer, how much did it cost you to fly out too the other side of the island? If you dont mind me asking, Im going down there on Nov 8th and was thinking about flying in insted of hunting the road system. If the price is right thanks Tyler
    Thanks,, I used Kyle and Glenn from King Fisher, and was very happy. I went about as far South West as you can go, and it cost me 1620 round trip. The closer to Kodiak, the less cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Outfreakingstanding.Congrats all the way around.So details dude,Im dying to know how'd the hunt go,how far did ya'll shoot em etc... Im in the process of doing this hunt next year, and you have me all fired up wahoo.Congrats again.
    Thanks Daniel,,,, Hunt was great. Weather was to good for Kodiak. I shot the first one at alittle over 60yds. the second at just over 20yds. and my buddy shot his at just over 30yds

Default Congratulations!!

Very happy to see you had a great hunt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast