Thread: Looking for a local smith for SA Revolver

Default Looking for a local smith for SA Revolver

Who's the local guru for Single Action Revolvers (Ruger's). Have a few that could use an action job and one that needs some sight soldering. If there isnt anyone local who specializes in SA's, any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    Who's the local guru for Single Action Revolvers (Ruger's). Have a few that could use an action job and one that needs some sight soldering. If there isnt anyone local who specializes in SA's, any other suggestions?
    Local where, Cleveland?

Ruger single actions are the simpliest action job to do in the privacy of your own home. Easy to get apart easy to stone and easy to assemble. Give it a try.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thought about doing it myself, but if someone in southcentral ak does good work at a reasonable price I'd rather give them some business.

Not to hijack here, but basically the same thing. I need a smith to change my base pin assembly, any suggestions?

I'm on the east side so my usual go-to-man (Stan Jackson) is going to be down the list a bit as it's an easy job and a long drive out to Stan's place.

Thanks,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Default SA Guncranks?

The New Gun Traders, Muldoon!

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

I am with Murphy on this one…………….. Ruger single actions are so simple that a cave man could do an action job…………. Oh wait, that line has been taken already! Ok, its so easy a drunk could do it! And has! Well………… not necessarily a drunk so much as a moderately intoxicated handy man! But any way you look at it, I managed to do a first rate job on my Vaquero with nothing more than a few jewelers files, stones and some sand paper.

I installed Wolfe springs, an aftermarket birds head grip frame (the very next year Ruger offered it with the dang birds head grip frame! RATS!) belt mountain base pin, half moon ejector, reamed and polished the chambers, polished the throat, and lapped the barrel and set the trigger pull to just over a pound.

I borrowed the cylinder reamers but bought everything else from Brownells. Was a lot of fun, not very hard and ended up with superb results. Cant tell you how many guys have asked who the smith was the worked this gun.

Give it a shot, it just aint that hard to do, and you will have a good time doing it!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio