Thread: Jan. Minto Flats Moose Hunt

Default Jan. Minto Flats Moose Hunt

Can anyone give me some info on the best way to tackle this hunt. I was thinking about going in off old Murphy Dome RD via snow machine. Any ideas or suggestions? Lots of moose or lots of traveling to find them? Are there lots of hunters?
    Thanks,
    Tim

No advice from anyone?

Default Tight lipped

Probably because no-one wants to let the cat out of the bag
    This registration permit you have to physically show up to Fish and Game to get the permit..they give it out only one day and more people show up then there are permits...so show up early and even then you might not get one...some camp out the night before
    This hunt is one of very few that is pretty much guaranteed
    I have know people who just drove their 4X4 truck up to murphy dome...park and walk not too far and bag one
    -I am letting the cat out of the bag because I won't be competing... I am moving to Anchorage
    Good luck

Thanks alot!

Default murphy dome

I had that tag this year and like said its almost a guarenteed hunt. I hunted the road from mp 96 to 118 so a couple of moose but they where always running. Finally took snowmachines and 4 wheelers in off murphy dome road and 3 out of 4 of us killed moose. Bring you a trailer and some extra fuel and go in on murphy dome.