Thread: vmax 500 to 136x2 track conversion

Default vmax 500 to 136x2 track conversion

i am looking at converting my '99 vmax 500 from a 121x.75 to a 136x2 track. i was told that i wouldnt have to get a new rear suspension to do that. i am wondering if i am going to have to get a new suspension.

any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by trout-fisher18 View Post
    i am looking at converting my '99 vmax 500 from a 121x.75 to a 136x2 track. i was told that i wouldnt have to get a new rear suspension to do that. i am wondering if i am going to have to get a new suspension.

any help would be appreciated
    Try here. If anybody has Yamaha mod parts, it's these guys. They list a 136" kit for your sled at $325 less the track. It more than likely uses rail extensions. Ask them whether you'll need to change the drivers to make room for a 2" track. That was a problem with some '90s sleds when going to paddle tracks.

http://www.hartmaninc.com/

Question

i would probably have to change the gearing right?

Gearing, clutching/jetting, and a "drop and roll" for the drivers. Otherwise the longer paddles on your new track will hit the front heat exchanger and tunnel. (of course I defer to the Yammi experts)

Sell it, and buy something with a 144ish track, then you can play in the deep stuff as well as ride the trails.

the conversion kit comes with a replacement drive shaft so the paddles wont hit. It is 1 tooth less