Thread: Some threads/posts now moderated as a test

Lightbulb Some threads/posts now moderated as a test

We are trying new post moderation for registered users temporarily to see how it might work as a spam reduction tool. This means that all messages generated by new users will be examined before they post.

This does not affect members. Posts generated by members are posted immediately.

Registered users are those who have registered but posted fewer than 10 times and have been registered for less than three weeks. After 10 posts/3 weeks registered users automatically become members.

Since starting the test, we have moderated 5 messages, one of which was a girly come-on.

We will be running this test for a short time. Comments are welcome.

David

Thumbs up Smart Thinkin!

Sounds like a pain in the butt for moderators, but I bet it will be a major help in shutting out the ugly stuff.

Thanks!

Sounds like a great idea! Seems we are getting more and more of the junk. How about we just ask for voluteers to track these "people" down!!??
    EricL

Default Test off

I turned off the test, because I think we may be out of the woods. My theory is that the troglodytes had circumvented our human verification system. When I installed an improved model, they seemed to have quit.

So....I hope we won't need it now....but we have it on the shelf in case we are attacked again.

David