Thread: Sat Report PHF

Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward

Default Sat Report PHF

Hunted Duck Lake this morning and had a great hunt, best so far. Lots of new birds have been arriving but leaving about as fast. Everyday seems to be different from what the locals were saying out there. Ran into AK Duckman while carrying the gear over the wall. Great guy with a ton of experience and some crazy and hilarious stories...Thanks for everything AK Duckman..look forward to more of the same sometime. Thanks for the coffee as well and think about that deer trip. We took some of his advice and ran to a point on the lake..within the first 30 min had 8 in the blind, another double and single. Then my buddies Rem 870 trigger spring popped out, and we were one gun down..I took it apart and eventually got it to work. Of course as I am working on his...he grabs mine and grabs another double, along with a single before the birds slowed. Picked up deks and meet AK Duckman for some hot joe before we headed out..

Feds were set upon the RS checking everyone as they returned...Nice guy, just had no idea on how many birds we could harvest....had to break out the book and double check...interesting. That is one thing you would think he would know. great hunt and will post some pictures later one...Great day with some great waterfowlers...

Eagle River

My day was far from good, only saw 4 groups of birds. Oh well guess i was in the wrong spot.