Thread: I want to live in Alaska

Default I want to live in Alaska

I want to live in Alaska sooooo badly. It's beautiful there and there's plenty of outdoor activities you can do, including walk in forests and go on nature walks. I want to live in Anchorage.

Default Anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatAlaskanBear View Post
    I want to live in Alaska sooooo badly. It's beautiful there and there's plenty of outdoor activities you can do, including walk in forests and go on nature walks. I want to live in Anchorage.
    You might as well live in Tallahasse, FL., your on the ocean , got the bugs, and about as many people as LOS ANCHORAGE. Main difference is there aren't any gators or snakes, and Alaska has snow. Also living in Florida you wouldn't have to go to Hawaii on vacation; it's already warm and you've got a beach, with NASCAR's on it.
    ALASKA, is beautiful though.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

If you move to Alaska, you'll never look back unless you are so city-civilized... but it doesn't sound like you are.

Anchorage is nice, but so is Denver. They are almost the same minus the fact that Denver doesn't have an ocean next to it.
    Experience Alaska for all that it is and don't limit yourself to just one area.
    If I were you, decide to take a trip out here for a week and if that visit really draws you to stay, then consider moving then.

Honestly, Alaska isn't for everyone, but if you really want to see if it's a good fit for you, come and see what the state has to offer you for all that this wonderful state is worth. You'll see how amazing it is!
    Lurker.

Somehow I don't think you'll see this on a mid-day walk in Denver or Florida.

There are certainly places other than the municipality of anchorage I'd rather live, but one has to pay the bills. And if you know how to make the most out of where you live, you'll find Anchorage isn't so bad.

The only thing you can legally kill in Anchorage is time. I suggest you come up and look around some before settling for/in Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau. Alaska is away from these places and getting further each day. Used to be you could snowmachine, hunt and trap in town. Then you had to go out of town a ways. Now you gotta go a long ways out of town, except for a few limited permitted hunts. Opportunities are limited in town.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    The only thing you can legally kill in Anchorage is time. I suggest you come up and look around some before settling for/in Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau. Alaska is away from these places and getting further each day. Used to be you could snowmachine, hunt and trap in town. Then you had to go out of town a ways. Now you gotta go a long ways out of town, except for a few limited permitted hunts. Opportunities are limited in town.

LOL no kidding my dads best friend took me on his tapeline when i was a kid.... Muldune RD runs right through it now..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Anchorage is a great city with tons of wild life, i seen a bear and a moose all in the same day last week in anchorage... i would stay away from the valley as that is where allot of robberys and meth labs are, lots of low income people, and the low prices of housing draws people to live there..

Ray
    Semper Fi!