Thread: Archery grouse

Talking Archery grouse

Those little sprucies are getting costy when I have to shoot them out of the trees...losing my arrows. As far as I'm concerned that's what arrows are for. I took my son out of the first half of school the other day for a lesson in life/hunting. Father/son time is priceless to me, equally important as academia. We got out on the 4-wheeler and shot up some good meat. He's seven years old and can clean the breasts and remove the gizzard by himself. I'm proud of the little guy. I love AK. I'm hoping the snow holds off a bit longer.

Default Forgot to post the pics

Who says playing hookey never pays?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

Its always fun to get out and get birds with a bow....I went out today and tried out my new recurve (got it yesterday) and got two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

yo trout lets go hunting...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thats awesome Cast! Are you guys using flu flus or regular vaned arrows? I have been thinking about picking up a light recurve so I can shoot those cheap wooden Wal-Mart arrows for birds. At about $8 apiece, my carbons stay on the shelf!!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I'm using aluminum flu flu arrows which is good because i'm not an expert trad bow shooter by any means....yet it sure is a blast though

The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

powder monkey wed morning? send me a pm

Smile bow and arrow

I use carbon arrows for bunnies, sprucies, and ptarmies. I definately put on 100 gr judo's and am confident to 40 yards on small critters. I seldom lose my arrows, unless I shoot the birds out of the trees; unfortunately I cannot pass up a bird on a branch. I try and line up an evergreen or a birch behind the bird somewhere and usually get my arrows back. I surely don't resort to my Maxima 350's for birds/bunnies, but rather shoot Cabela's hunter carbons ($39.00/doz fletched -- last year, this year I think they're $49/doz). A dozen judo point arrows lasts me a good 2 years or so; and I sure don't let them collect dust. On the other end of my arrow I use blazers with brightly wrapped shafts/for easy finding. Hope this helps... Good luck.