Thread: New Camoflage

Default New Camoflage

Caught this on the NPR Science Friday website, camo made from a deer's POV. W.L. Gore's, of GoreTex fame, Optifade.

Check it out; http://www.sciencefriday.com/videos/watch/10158

It gets any even better: http://www.gore.com/en_xx/news/optifade.html
    Sitka is going to use the technology for the 2009 line....

More here: http://www.optifade.com/

Default just great

just another way for me to spend more money!!!! Watching the videos, and mainly the final seconds of the third looked very interesting. It will be interesting if Sitka will do something with scent as well because if you don't have both you might as well not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    just another way for me to spend more money!!!! Watching the videos, and mainly the final seconds of the third looked very interesting. It will be interesting if Sitka will do something with scent as well because if you don't have both you might as well not buy it.

Scent control (IMO) is worthless on a physical hunt. After 2-3 days of hard work in rough terrain and inclimate weather I don't believe any scent control is going to keep your scent contained. Might work well for tree stand type hunting, but I think it is a total farce for mountain hunting.... If I am wrong I would love to see some data that blows my theory away.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-MW View Post
    Scent control (IMO) is worthless on a physical hunt. After 2-3 days of hard work in rough terrain and inclimate weather I don't believe any scent control is going to keep your scent contained. Might work well for tree stand type hunting, but I think it is a total farce for mountain hunting.... If I am wrong I would love to see some data that blows my theory away.
    I have to agree, we hunt for 4-10 days sometimes, no showers etc mainly just the baby wipe thing and I do not think anything is going to cover our stink. We are usually successful as we work the wind the best we can. I am still a smoker and I smoke in my stand and still kill deer, I lit a cigarette this past June with a sow and 2 cub black bears over the bait and it did not faze them, I was proving the point to the person in the stand with me.

Doug

Default when

anyone heard anything about when in 09 it will be available?