Thread: Need some help

Question Need some help

Okay folks,

I've spent the last few hrs searching for the information and map that F&G put out at the begining of moose season for area 20 on the antlerless closesures. I remember seeing a post on here with a link to it. Can someone point me in the right direction, I've checked the EO's and no luck.

The only EO I have seen is 03-01-08

You can find it here. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...lations.orders

Default Seen this

Thanks for the info. I did see that but at the begining of the season there was a post on here that had a link to an area 20 map that showed all the antlerless areas that would not open this year. I looked it up once for a friend that was hunting up the little delta area. Most of the open areas looked to be accesible by air craft only.

Here is a link to the 20A map. You can find maps for all hunts of of the
    Divison of Wildlife Conservation's webpage. Look for a map link.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/GIS/m...oose/rm764.gif

Last time I checked Zone 2b was about half way to the quota and zone 6b only had 5 more to go until the quota was filled. Call the info center in Fairbanks 459-7200 and dial 8 at the recording to speak to a live person. There is also a hotline but I don't remember the number off hand.

Most of the open units 2b and 5b are pretty much airplane only access until sno-gos can make it in there. There may be some access into 6b via boat off of the Delta River, but I've never tried that before. Google Earth provides some good coverage of that area.

Hope that helps.

Default Thanks

This is what I was looking for. We have a friend that wants to fly in and try his luck to fill the freezer. Again thanks for the information. This web site never fails me, it's awsome.