Thread: I had fun @ 15 yds

Default I had fun @ 15 yds

WOW!!! you sure did...I hunted 12 days in the rain and didn't get a shot...U da man!!!!

Really nice bull. Congrats! What are you shootin' in that thing?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default great

just goes to show a well placed shot can do alot! great pic

gssp-great looking bull, how wide is that big boy?

Mark

He is 62" wide. I wish I could handle him. He's on a truck somewhere between Anchorage and Salt Lake City. Costing me just over $600 to get him trucked down here.

The revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk, 4-5/8" barrel, Gary Clements custom front sight, Belt Mountain Pin carried in a Mernickle Field Carry II cross draw holster. The load is the 335 gr hardened Cast Performance WFNGC bullet in Starline cases, primed with WLP primers, 20 gr Hodgdon Lil'Gun, max charge, @ 1150 fps.

45 Colt I assume?
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Looks alot bigger than 62"

Quote Originally Posted by gssp View Post
    He is 62" wide. I wish I could handle him. He's on a truck somewhere between Anchorage and Salt Lake City. Costing me just over $600 to get him trucked down here.

The revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk, 4-5/8" barrel, Gary Clements custom front sight, Belt Mountain Pin carried in a Mernickle Field Carry II cross draw holster. The load is the 335 gr hardened Cast Performance WFNGC bullet in Starline cases, primed with WLP primers, 20 gr Hodgdon Lil'Gun, max charge, @ 1150 fps.
    Yes, I know the feeling. I had to ship moose horns and it cost me about that or a bit more, to Michigan. I have him on the wall and the price was well worth it. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Mark

Good news, my outfitter did the shippers work for them. He found the antlers at taxidermist in Anchorage. Seems they were switched with the another set from our camp. Now he has to find the other hunters antlers.

Yes, 45 LC, 335 gr Cast Performance WFNGC, Starline brass, WLP, 20 gr (max) Hodgdon Lil'Gun doing 1150 fps from the 4-5/8" barrel.

Real thumper!

Glad you found your antlers!
    Your load makes me feel very comfortable with my 44 mag load for moose hunting.
    320 wfngc hardcast over 21.5 gr H110 for about 1340 from my 8&3/8 mod 29.
    Again, congrats on a great hunt & thanks for sharing!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."