Thread: Just picked up my 2007 Grizz.

Default Just picked up my 2007 Grizz.

Well here is my stepson and I hauling it out.

I was ill and not feeling good,but I took him duck hunitng and well it went south pretty quick.

We where soaked and miserable,but I had fun.And he has never been hunting in his life till then,other than birds.I'll nevr forget all the fun I had even tho I wasnt feeling good.

And a year later at my Taxidermist studio.

Default 2nd set and last

I love what he did.Even the nose looks wet.

And on the wall finally.Man he has the longest hair Ive seen yet which you just cant tell from the pictures.Not bad for a September bear.

Wow That is a beautiful grizz, congratulations!

How did he size up?

Taxidermist did a great job.
    I remember your original post when you guys took the bear. He sure had(has) beautiful coloration.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Thanks James.And to answer you,incase you never read my post from last year.
    This bear was laying down over a Moose kill and had it buried.When I showed up (duck hunting) I dang near walked up on it and saw it standing there or so I thought with the grass blowing in the wind his saddle was sticking above that and I thought wow a big bear.Anyhow afater a 82 mile round trip to get a rifle.Anyhow instead of a 6 foot or larger bear this one came out at 5'5" and 6' across, young bear here but perfect size for the wall.

And Vance thanks alot bud.He cleaned up well after rolling around on that dead Moose whew!

That bear has an awesome looking hide. Very nice.

He is indeed a trophy - Good on ya!

Daniel your bear looks great! Your taxidermist did a wonderful job on him.

Matt, James and Bronco thanks fellas,I appreciate that. I wish ya'll could see this bear in person,honestly the pictures dont do any justice whatsoever. Daniel

Hey Neighbor......that thing looks awesome, thats a neat color pattern on that griz! Its a big relief not owing the taxi any $$$ for a while huh?....grin

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

so daniel, the photos i want to see are the ones of the family hiding behind you while trying to convince the missus to shoot it

great looking bear, I cant wait to get the one back, i told you about
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I remember the original story too. Good to see what at looks like at the other end. Good looking bear! Congrats.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Hey Neighbor......that thing looks awesome, thats a neat color pattern on that griz! Its a big relief not owing the taxi any $$$ for a while huh?....grin
    Thanks bud.Um! I still owe him money for a rug Im having done on a 5 foot Otter and a Blackbear.Im always indebted to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    so daniel, the photos i want to see are the ones of the family hiding behind you while trying to convince the missus to shoot it

great looking bear, I cant wait to get the one back, i told you about
    Ha! hey Vince it aint happening.The boys where in the truck and momma wasnt having nothing to do with that bear once it eye-balled her.In-fact the Camcorder died on us as I was going to shoot,then the little camera has a viedo take on it also and the batteries where dead.
    So after that bear was shot I had to dig thru my gang box for batteries.I'll have to swing by Charlies Vince and get an early peek.Where's the before pictures from the field? And thanks to you also Tim I do appreciate that. Daniel

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

sons blackie is at charlies.. daughters blackie and my grzz are at black bear.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here