Thread: Titanium Goat wood stove

Default Titanium Goat wood stove

Anyone have any insight on these stoves? I am looking for input on how they work. More specifically at how long they will hold wood/burn time. Looking to use in arctic oven and want to make sure that I am not having to get up every hour to put wood in it.

Thanks!

Mike

I would think how long the stove would hold "wood" would be more dependent on the type, size, and how dry your wood is. The right type of dried wood in the bigger sizes should be able to smolder for at least 8 hours. On the other hand if you use the "paper" fireplace logs they will get super hot but burn rather quickly.

Default my concern

Is that these are take down stoves and there is NO way they can be airtight which will allow the wood to burn much faster.

You can make them more airtight by covering the exposed areas with aluminum foil. But even not being airtight that gives you the ability to close the damper the entire way allowing just enough air to enter to allow the fire to busn slow.
    Just a couple of thoughts. Good luck.

Depends on which stove, but from the research I've done on them they'll hold a fire for 1-2 hours. The up side of the stoves is they are small and light enough to carry on on your back with a small light tp style tent. The downside is you're not going to be able to load it up and keep your tent warm all night long.

Another option and good resource is 4 dogs stoves. I've talked to the owner a few times and he has great input on lightweight floorless tents with a small woodstoves.

i have the "regular" stove, and no way will you get more than 45 minutes or an hour.
    it is a great stove, and for hanging out in the tipi you just keep feeding it. easy to get and keep 50 degrees even when it is in the teens outside.... but once you quit stoking it it will burn down pretty quick.
    since the fact that you are heating an arctic oven makes me think weight isn't an issue i would suggest a bigger heavier stove.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default thanks guys

That is the info I wanted to know, the burn time. I am in correspondence right now with the owner of four dogs. He makes a solid titanium stove, so I am thinking of going that way. I will mostly be using this in the winter so I don't want to be getting up having to stoke it.

Thanks,

MIke

I own the titanium 4 Dog stove but have yet to use it. You are welcome to swing by my house and take a look at it if you live close to Eagle River.

Default Snowolfe

How airtight is it? I would love to look at it but live in Tok, so not an option right now!

Thanks,

MIke