Thread: First time Kodiak Hunt

Default First time Kodiak Hunt

hey guys I'm going to be hunting down on Kodiak the first week of Nov Im going to drive down to Homer and ride the ferry out to the island I plan on driving as faraway from people and Hiking in from there I'm set up to hunt for about 7 days any good pointers would be great thanks!!

Default Road System

Just a heads up, the road system closes the end of October, unless you have a primitive weapons certification (Bow, Muzzleloader). If not, bring your ATV as it is going to be a long hike to get out of the road system. If you have the muzzleloader or bow cert, stop and pick up a registration tag for bear, never know what you might run across and it is only $25. You can pick it up at the local sporting goods store and then you will need to stop by fish and game to get your locking tag. It is free, but must be picked up or they'll be seeing you in court. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

v/r
    Gary

Default Thanks

cool I was planing on hunting with the bow but i dont really know were the borders are I have tried emailing the Bio down there but he must be very busy so your saying that saltery cove RD will be closed thanks again

Everything east of a line from the mouth of saltry cove to the mouth of elbow creek closes oct 31st for deer with a rifle. Bow and muzzle loader is open until nov 14th.

Saltry Cove road will be open for use, you just can hunt along it until you get to the pass. It is all Leisnoi lands and they have recently prohibited hunting on their land.
    You can get permits to hike on their land to access state land or use the easements. They only took the land that is next to the roads???