Thread: Lost Fisherman

Default Lost Fisherman

I'm new to the area and love to fish. I've heard salmon were running at delta clearwater but not sure where to go in delta. I'm not expecting your honey hole, just a place to catch some fish. Any advice you can give to help me out would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Simplest thing is to find the campground and start from there. From the Alaska hwy you can take Clearwater rd to its end and turn right, then left into the campground; there are signs. You can reach plenty of water from there on foot and it's nobody's secret. Might still be some berries left in the bog too.

Default Clearwater

When you head towards Delta, before you get there take a left at Jack Warren Road, then another left when you get to a 4way stop, then there will be a sign on your left for the campground or lodge. If you have hip boots or chest waders, you can wad upstream around the bend and above a cabin/house to a straight stretch of river. Silvers will be there, use inline spinners or egg sucking leaches and I'm sure you'll catch one. Water is extremely cold! It is the coldest water I've fished in, by far. So dress warm and in layers. You can see which house I'm talking about in my latest vid. Good luck.

Fish On!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Default regs...

With you being new to the area I thought I'd post the regulations for this area.... Refer to top of page 3. I have caught several large grayling in the clearwater while fishing for silvers too....Good Luck!!

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state.../ayktanana.pdf

Default Thank You all

Thanks for all the help. I am going tomorrow and ill let you guys know how i do. Again thanks for everything.