Thread: Mokai

Default Mokai

Anyone else see the story on Ch#2 about the Mokai...

Pretty cool...

http://www.ktuu.com/cms/anmviewer.asp?a=6266&z=5

There is a video link at the very bottom of the page... I'll try to set the link:

mms://www.1alaska.net/Alaska%20Headline%20News/2006/090406-mokai.wmv

A little more power and an increased payload and I'm seeing some real potential....

I saw those at the boat show last year, they look pretty cool. Of course i would want a larger engine, which im sure they are working on. It would be fun until a larger boat comes downstream and swamps you lol.

I saw about half a dozen of them over the summer on the little su this year.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Default Ride one

I own 3 and love them if you want to ride in one contact me. I love to play on the rotten ice in the spring they go like no other boat.

Andy, thanks for fixing the mower.

Default Mokai Report

I purchased 2 of them this past summer from Andy the MokaiMan up in the Valley. What a great guy, he let me borrow two of his own boats for the day (free of charge) so I could take my brother from back East up the Little Su while he was on vacation. After one 4 hour trip, I was sold. The bottom line is they are very well designed, light weight, efficient, and industructable. The can go anywhere in 3" of water. They are the most fun I have had boating here in Alaska in years. I've tried them all over the last 25 years; Aluminum River Boats, Airboats, and Inflatables. Without a doubt the MOKAI is my favorite.

Alaskan Koda
    Did you do the bag swap?