Thread: Graf 9.3 Brass report

Default Graf 9.3 Brass report

9.3X62 brass...

bought 100, tried to load 20 or so...

3 did not enter the shell holder at all

10 were very tight fit, hard to get in and out

6 were tight, but went in with a little twist

6 went right in the shell holder

Have not checked the whol batch. S/H is clean, burr free and works on my all my other cases...

I have several other Graf Brass Calibers, seem to be ok..

comments?

Graf's makes brass? I thought they just sold compenents.

Default Measurements

I would put a mic on the problem pieces and get the true measurements. If they are not within spec I would send them back for a refund, if they are within spec then try a different S/H. No sense making it harder than it has to be.

Some of mine were a little snug in a RCBS shell holder, grabbed a Redding and never encountered a problem.

Same with me,corjack. My RCBS was tight with some but an OLD Lyman works fine.

til later

Default I had the same problem

About a year ago I purchased 100 pieces of Graf 9.3 x 62 brass and discovered 15 would not go into the shell holder or would tilt (not set flat) on the shell holder; be careful using cases that tilt while in the shell holder. These cases will not allow you to seat a bullet properly aligned with the case.

Graf's brass is made by nny which is Privi Partisan (Yugoslavian). I buy Graf brass for my 7.62 x 54R and 8 x 56R since few others sell-make brass for these calibers. Privi Partisan brass is average in quality. The brass lacks uniformity in thickness, thus, neck tension will vary.

The next best brass (well above average in quality) that is affordable would be Lapua for the 9.3 x 62 or the 7.62 x 54R

Maybe it is the shell holder.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I was curious about the manufacturer of my 9,3 brass from Grafs. It works acceptably thus far and did not note any great spread in shot pattern with this brass-still around 1.5"@100yds. Good enough. Fits my shell holder so far.

regards,

I have had no accuracy problems out of PRVI/Graffs brass in the 9.3x62 or 7.5 Swiss. Am going to test some loads in my 25-06s with PRVI verses Sako brass in a few weeks. This should be a good test as I have a couple of finnicky 25-06s and a couple that are not.

Thanks for the qualative reply. Certainly the brass varies in dimensions quite a bit.
    I had not noticed the vertical alignment problems, but will look for it

One other problem I have had was across w/ this brand of brass was in 7.5X54 FR plitting longitunially (!) upon first firing. I had not seen that kind of failure before.

...Think I will stick to Norma or Lapua for hunting situations and safe the Graf for Range use.

Solved the Graf brass problem: bought some Lapua. As usual wonderful brass. Advise others to do the same.