Thread: Birchwood Shotgun Leagues

Default Birchwood Shotgun Leagues

Does anyone have any information on when the shotguns leauges start. Even though I dont have a fancy shotgun, I enjoy shooting and would like to join a league. Any information would be very helpful. I am especially intersted in sporting clays.

Fall shotgun leagues are underway at Birchwood. This is the end of the second week. Give Dave (manager) a call at the clubhouse. There are always teams in need of a shooter this time of the season. Or, just head out there on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night and ask if anyone needs a sub shooter to fill in for a missing member. You almost always can find a slot. Be there by 6 pm.

Most teams shoot 25 trap targets, 25 skeet targets, and 25 sporting (5-stand) targets. There are many variations to the trap and skeet games being played by teams. You don't need to know how to play the games, everyone will help you.

Whatever you do, don't feel like you need to be a good shooter to enjoy the leagues. Most shooters could care less how they do in the standings but just want to shoot and spend time with others that like to shoot . It's a great way to become a better wing shooter by being involved in the weekly leagues.

Fall leagues run from the end of Sept to the end of January. Spring leagues run from February to the end of May. It's not too late to put a team together for this fall. Many team are made up of family members or co-workers.

Give 'em a call at Birchwood. 688-2809. See you there!

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to find a spot on a team. I will keep the spring leagues in mind.