Thread: 20-mile last run for the year

Default 20-mile last run for the year

Took the Wooldridge Sport 2000 about 3 miles past the forks up the 20-mile today for my last run of the year...........sorry no video like TJM.......He must have patient freinds who like to film.

900 cfs flow on the stream gauge with down to 6 inches in the shallower spots. Like so many rivers it seems the hardest part to read is closer to the mouth where current is slow and the shallows are relatively random compared to upriver.... Lots of logs & rocks up river but not too bad.....

This was my first true shallow water run with this boat and it did very well. Never got stuck at all. Used the stomp grate three times in the main river and then kept going, and had to take the foot/impeller off one time because I backed onto a bar in a slough....

Went up one slough by foot and found (did not fish for them) about two dozen silvers (pretty red but not yet living dead) that had jumped over a 2 foot high x 6 foot wide beaver dam from a downstream pool only about 5 feet deep and 10 feet long!
    Last edited by titobandito; 10-01-2008 at 23:24. Reason: typo

Default Don't put the boat away yet....

we'll be making a trip that way in a few weeks.......bring the wooly...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

sorry no video like TJM.......He must have patient freinds who like to film.
    Patient? Nah... He just works them like dogs.

..lol...yes, I am blessed with good friends...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by titobandito View Post
    Used the stomp grate three times in the main river and then kept going, and had to take the foot/impeller off one time
    Stomp grate and foot? I have never seen a stomp grate on a OB. Is this something new or have I been living under a rock?

Sounds like a fun trip but don't make it your last. Winter won't set in hard for a few more weeks.

Default Outboard Stomp Grate

$245 dollars from Karold's Welding in Fairbanks for one that fit my 150HP.
    Works good, except I would have the handle 1 foot longer so you could pull up on it by hand without getting wet to make sure it reseats properly instead of just relying on the spring, or trying to jiggle it with your foot after closing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I need one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    I think I need one of those.
    x2!

Was it built to suite or can I buy one and have it shipped down here?

Default Karold's Welding

Call Karold in Fairbanks at 907-374-9116

The jet foots all are standard from Outboard Jets in San Leandro, CA regardless of the power head manufacturer. Outboard Jets can tell you the size (diameter and number of bolts on foot). That is all Karold's needs to know. I would ask him to make the handle a bit longer as described in my previous post...on this thread. He ships grate to you, you install it your self.

Default Tito!!!!

You have so many cool things on your boat!! I have the Brother to your boat, I GOT to come see this thing some time!! Mine is in a friends heated garage for the winter, but it is easy access for possibly a winter king run, got the prop on it right now ready to run!! Still hunting moose with my bow, but once that is over, I'll make time to give ya a call and come down and check it out! Whats next on the list of goodies to install?

Default more goodies for next year....

1. Slip Plate coat the boat bottom.
    2. Slip Plate coat the stomp grate so it reseats more easilly.
    3. Hard cover for the rope locker hatch (the fabric snaps did not hold up).
    4. Folding trailer tongue extension or replace six foot tongue with 9 foot.
    5. Parachute and trip line
    6. Most important: more trips because I retire from full time work next spring........now can wait in Seward for a nice day instead of scheduling 3 weeks ahead and being pounded by rough weather when you "have to go".....The only limit now is gas money and finding more people who can go during the week....and help pay for gas!

I would love a double axle trailer, really decent sea anchor, and a 200 HP four stroke with both jet and prop units...........but too much moola.

Boat might get winterized and tarped this weekend....
    Last edited by titobandito; 10-03-2008 at 23:01. Reason: typo