Thread: info on jetcraft 2175 extreme shallow

Default info on jetcraft 2175 extreme shallow

I am looking to chat with someone who owns or has boated in a jetcraft 2175 extreme shallow. I am thinking of buying one and wanted to see how they perform in shallow water and ask about the boat being so heavy.

thanks
    carl

stay tuned...I'll post another vid that should answer any questions on how they perform in the shallows...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Mine performs very well in shallow water.

They are a bit heavier than a Sportjon or Predator but the extra weight is due to the thicker and extra aluminum used in construction. They are a little bit tougher but a little bit heavier.

Thumbs up good to go!

spent 8 days in one the last week of sept...same size to, 200hp mec with fuel meter running burned 3.5 to 3.75 mpg ..ran 7.5 gph down stream at 29.8 to 31.4 with the river curret varying , 7.5 gph up,the same stream at 26.2 to 29.8 mph.. ran in Allmost no water at all MADE my old 72x20' flat bottom 90 w jet boat look bad ...as my old boat only wts 335 lbs! i too after running (since 1994 where i hung up my canoe)these rivers up here ...now i'm in the market for one 2!!!!...points to rember while shopping...the boat that coupoues,sells has a thinner bottom ( ask carrols welding shop)and the "ribs" run the wrong way.....and they both want to much money. if u can, go w/the 250 merc...not that u run out of power with the 200 ..it gets even better milage!
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    if u can, go w/the 250 merc...not that u run out of power with the 200.
    I could be wrong and have been wrong once before but to my knowlege they have never put a 250 in the Jetcraft XS. The 200 is plenty.

Thumbs up Get it

The only problem I've had with mine is that some how the water will just mover out from in front of it and leave me high and dry when I know there was just 2" or so in the creek. My wife just closes her eyes now when we come up on a beaver dam while the kids act like it's a carnival ride, up on side and down the other. Get it, you want have any regrets. As far as the weight goes, not too bad, just take along some basic "gettin unstuck gear" and you'll be fine.