Thread: Sako 85 set trigger

Default Sako 85 set trigger

I have long been a Sako fan.Not cheap, but then very little top shelf stuff is these days.My current 7STW (rebarreled AV with one of Danny Lilja's best barrels that he fitted and chambered) is a phenomenal long range rifle.I won't mention group sizes even with max loads of R25 and 150 Sciroccos as most folks would say I was blowing smoke up their butts.And 3300 over the screens with this load will get most long range jobs done with aplomb.

Question: has anyone actually shot a Sako 85 with the set trigger? Plan to get a new 22-250 for 2009 chuck season and am curious if this trigger is as advertised.

If not, what didn't you like?

Thanks

Default About the trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by 7STW View Post
    I have long been a Sako fan.Not cheap, but then very little top shelf stuff is these days.My current 7STW (rebarreled AV with one of Danny Lilja's best barrels that he fitted and chambered) is a phenomenal long range rifle.I won't mention group sizes even with max loads of R25 and 150 Sciroccos as most folks would say I was blowing smoke up their butts.And 3300 over the screens with this load will get most long range jobs done with aplomb.

Question: has anyone actually shot a Sako 85 with the set trigger? Plan to get a new 22-250 for 2009 chuck season and am curious if this trigger is as advertised.

If not, what didn't you like?

Thanks
    ...just want to say : go ahead! I am from Finland where the Sako rifles are manufactured. The trigger is perfect even without the set option and "better than perfect" with the set trigger system. As you know you can adjust thye normaltrigger to app. 2 pounds which is almost perfect. With the set trigger you have to sight before setting your finger inside the trigger guard - IT IS VERY LIGHT!!! I have found it better to have trigger somewhere in two pounds or in one kilogram,no need after that to any set triggers!

Kimmo

Default only varmints

Sako won't import any rifles except the varmint rifle with the singloe set trigger....something about to many attorneys stateside..go figure.

My 85 kodiak (will be here in feb/march) has to live without it , oh well in 375 H&H the cartridge would weigh more than the trigger pull!

I tried to get one for my 85 finlight from berreta USA and after having to talk to 10 different people they told me I couldn't get one in the country. So I second Nicklestick

My 2 lb trigger is very smooth,but... I wish it werea 1 lb trigger.

Default ya know

ya know they say wish in one hand , crap in the other see which fills up first.......me I'm wishing till march, at least my hands will be warm! ok that was to gross, sorry.