Thread: Karluk Report - Team Coho Loco

Talking Karluk Report - Team Coho Loco

Spent a week in Karluk (9/10 9/15) and had a killer time with Ronnie of R&B Lodge.

Easy limits of feisty Silvers every day in the 12-19# range on medium spinning gear and Vibrox lures with many fish released . We averaged about 20 fish/day/person landed.

There were six in our group with each pair of men getting a 16 Lund with a 25 hp OB. We fished in the estuary and the action was furious at times with a slight reduction during the hour before and after high tide. During those two hours we would run to where the river dumps into the estuary and catch sockeye on fly gear. We were able to send filets back to Kodiak daily by plane for processing.

The food was great and the accommodations were OK but not the best due to a booking snafu we stayed in a five bedroom house rather that the three bedroom doublewide mobil home that would be the norm.

This is one trip we will repeat .

Tight Lines
    Dave

Default Pix Post

Just some pix to go with this thread:

I love it when folks come up to the Great Land and have a great time commercial, uh, I mean, sport fishing.

Default Wow!

Looks like you had a great trip. How was the weather?
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    I love it when folks come up to the Great Land and have a great time commercial, uh, I mean, sport fishing.
    A true thanks for coming up and enjoying your time in Alaska. I am glad you caught fish, enjoy your catch over the winter as most Alaskans do. Thank you for chosing to spend your money in our state, buy a fishing license and supporting our F&G and further research, and staying with at lodge and supporting and Alaskans family income. Also for spending your money with Alaskans for your fish processing and bush flying. Money is tight all over the country right now and I want to thank you for supporting fellow Americans incomes by choosing to visit Alaska with your vacation money, I know there are many other choices out there.

Again, I am glad you enjoyed your time and am gald that you will be coming back.

Default Well Put Yukon

Hope I am not picking the thread.

Yukon nice post!

Quote Originally Posted by growden1 View Post
    Looks like you had a great trip. How was the weather?
    In short "WET", but no big deal!! Loved every minute of it, I have been going to Alaska every year for the last ten years. Spent allot of time in Yakutat for Reds and Steelhead. This is my second trip to Kodiak.

I have found the people of AK to be gracious hosts and the native peoples to be absolutely wonderful. Our group (ranging from 6-18) spends $30-50K each year and feel it is well worth every penny.

My presonel thanks to the people of Alaska for the greatest times of my life!!!

Dave