Thread: Yamaha Nytro Hitch?

Default Yamaha Nytro Hitch?

I have been thinking about getting a Yamaha Nytro for my next sled. I know they are a little more obese than the light 2 strokers but the lower maintenance and longer life as well as the fuel economy have me pretty much sold. I really like the new xtx platform but there is one thing missing! No true hitch, I don't want to haul building supplies or any thing like that but it would be nice to be able to drag a tent and ice auger in to fish for lakers. I also wouldn't mind being able to haul a bou or 1/2 a moose if the situation called for it.

Currently I run an 04 AC 1M 800 efi and I like it but it chugs the gas! I have a nice factory hitch and tunnel reinforcements for it and it tows pretty well, it is also pretty sweet to be able to drop the trailer and go play in the mountains when we are out but 1/2 my tow sled ends up filled with gas cans just to make the trip!

Anyone know where a true hitch (no weak "bumper hitches") can be found for the new Yamaha's and if not, has anyone fabbed up a hitch for theirs?

I was in the same boat as you last year. I am a 2nd generation AC faithful, and still own 4 of them, but I got tired of waiting for a 4 stroke mountain sled. You will love the Nytro I put over 1000 miles on mine last year, and it is a towing/grooming machine. I had a buddy build me bumper and it worked flawlessly, and looks good too. I cant seem to post a pic on here but p.m. me with your e-mail and I'll shoot it to ya.

Dredging up this old thread as I am still thinking about one of these sleds now that they are filtering into the used market more. It looks like the canuks have decided to oblige those who need to drag some gear behind them to get out a bit farther.

http://yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/a...p=S&model=2856

kenaislider: still waiting on those hitch pics there bud

Default Hey, that's my hitch!

http://yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/a...p=S&model=2856

That's the same one I have on both our Nytro's...bought it at Big Lake House of Yamaha two years ago...I didn't like the appearance of the hex bolts supplied so I moseyed on down to SBS, Big Lake and picked up some stainless steel, Allen key, pan heads, #10x3/4" I think, cleaner looking. Like you, I don't intend to haul much more than a tent, a couple of lawn chairs, small diam. fire pan and an arm load of wood to burn some wienies over and watch the dogs run by during the Iditarod.
    Natural Selection begins with you!

I had a couple of XTXs and built heavy duty hitches for them. I made a sub assembly that went up both sides and across the back of the inside of the tunnel, welded as a tight fitting unit and riveted through the tunnel sides. Then I through-bolted a Polaris flapper and later an Arctic Cat pintle through the reinforced tunnel. The biggest problem was the stock bumper interfered so I had Cash Machine weld me some custom aluminum bumpers. I liked my bumpers better than the stockers. They were easier to grab when the sleds were stuck. They didn't block the standard tail light and they coordinated nicely with the racks I had on the rear of the tunnels. The hitches were hell for stout. The reinforcing sub frame also supported the weight in the racks. It was a good solution for my needs.

010.JPG

005.JPG