Thread: Ak twin turbo and My kenai report.

Default Ak twin turbo and My kenai report.

after reading plenty of post from twin turbo being so eager to catch a bow bigger than 12 inches before he goes back to pensilvania. I finally said here on a post "if you ever want to see some real bows, i usually have an open seat" sure as **** later that night i got a PM from twin turbo taking me up on the offer. after chatting back and forth with him all week last week, we made arrangements to hit the river sunday for a suicide trip. AND WHAT A TRIP it was. While nobody else was catching fish ( or so it looked like) we went down the river and hit bow after bow after bow! and they just kept getting bigger. Aaron (aka AKTwin turbo) hit is first fish right after we put in, and we got it to the boat as it was a 14 inch bow, and he kept saying thats the biggest they get back home... and i kept saying, "Keep fishing, they get alot bigger as you gradually go down the river" getting half way down he has landed 7 fish already, not to mention how many he had on. we pull over and he looks at me and said " ok so when do i get to see you catch a fish" i kept telling him ill get around to it. My 2 Buddies in my other boat came up and anchored behind us and we all started chatting about who caught more so far, whats working, blah blah blah. as they were talking i picked up my rod and first cast as the indicator was going in the 7 foot stretch of glare (not a cloud in the sky)i just felt my pole DROP and after fighting for 5 mins, i landed a 24 inch bow. looked at aaron and asked if that was good enough.
    he kept saying how is it i can catch 7 fish, most around 18-20 inches, but you take the rod for a second and land a monster.. i kept telling him they get bigger and bigger. we got down into Cuervo channel and the madness started happening with Bow pigley's and Dolly piggles ( our monster names) we got down to the island right by jim and both our boats anchored up. sam and my buddy jared in my cat 10 feet infront of us. all of a sudden i notice samm mobbing like a mad man for the shore, then i saw aarons corking start heading 20 feet up stream zinging my reel. after fighthing this fish for 10 mins as it going 100 feet in both directions up and down stream, we get it to the boat, all of a sudden i hear from my buddy JOSE BRING A CAMERA, NOW. which is wierd, ive never heard him ask for a camera, even for 23 in bows he says nah man we'll just get him in the water. so i row over to the beach as twin turbo still has his monster on (Remember this is like 75 yds from jims landing) and we get there and i net turbos fish and it being a 25 1/2 inch bow i figured they cant have anything bigger than this. so we walked up to them only to see a huge 28 inch bow that my buddy jared caught and landed! a DOUBLE HOOKUP on 2 MONSTER bows!!!!!
    infront of 2 other guys that had been working the spot

here is some of the pics from this weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more

twin turbo and then jared and sam with jareds fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man that was an awesome day...I caught i think around 20, landed 15. amazing. The official length of my monster was a hair past 25". Back home, a big one's around 16". What a story i got for my grandparents and uncle !! The float wasn't as long as I thought it was gonna be, but we took our time and Jose knew what he was doing...Incredible day. Now I know what I've been missing this year and where I'm going from now on til I move next year...Thanks again Jose!!!

...Did i mention this was my first time fishing "for real" with a fly rod???

Default bow pigglys

Fishing is fun, especially on the Kenai. But what is even better is taking along a person who has not caught fish above 12 inches and watching them slam fish all day long that average 20 inches. AKTwin Turbo was having the time of his life and who wouldn't. It was a perfect cloudless day, although a meager 40 degrees. For some reason, it was a slow day indeed for every fisherman/woman on the river...except of course Aaron(turbo) who landed almost 20 fish for the day. I was on another boat with Sam, following live2fish(jose) and turbo, getting skunked for almost half the float. I was getting angered seeing Aaron slamming fish left and right using the same bait as me, while i got not even a bite. That all changed tho. Aaron was on his 7th fish when i finally got my first. I ended up landing only 7 that day, with a few fish that i didnt get to land. Sam and Jose of course got their fix with only a few fish..they werent interested in fishing as much that day. But for the main point of the story, which takes place 75ish yards above Jim's landing. Its the last cast of the day, which was only conducted because jose said lets just fish this last spot before we go(we were about to call it a day). As we do, we're about to float past two people posted up baitcasting the area, so we slow down and make our final cast bankside on the right. not more than halfway through the drift my corky jets to the right about 15 feet, then instantaneously is 30 feet to the left, jumping in and out of the water. We knew it was huge once it jumped out of the water. Not more than 10 seconds into my hookup(after i got my proper tension) i looked back and saw Aaron hooking up as well, fighting his "monster". Sam took quick action and rowed us to the shore so we could land the fish. As i got off the boat sam grabbed my rod for me so i could dismount easier. He was having a hell of a good time playing with the fish. So much of a good time that he told me he would buy me dinner if he could finish landing the fish(btw it almost devoured the hook..hungry pigly.) So i agree'd, as i had been fighting the fish for some time and had got my mental fix for the day. When the fish got to shore sam immediately was like OH MY GOD and yelled for a camera(mine was dead). So jose, knowing it was rare for him to ask for a cam) hurried and nettted their fish and rowed over to us. Jose thought Aarons was huge and that we couldnt have beat him..but we did..only by a couple inches tho. Whaat a fatty it was too, sam referred to it as a shotgun when he held it. we all took our pictures, and let it go. Sam wanted it on his wall, being the biggest bow he's seen / helped catch. It was a hell of a day, even though i only caught 7 bows... no dollies or anything, oh well. ..Long story short, what a hell of a double hookup with a 26 incher and a 28 incher to top off the day and send us home with a smile, as the kenai usually does. Props to liv2fish and Sam for the excellent trip, as they usually are when i go with them.