Thread: Ducks with a bow.

Default Ducks with a bow.

Harvested my first duck tonight. I jump hunted a area lake and connected with a small duck. I shot it at about 15-20 yards, using my 40#,1963 Pearson Colt and a 5575 gold tip with a 100 grain zwickey broad head.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Harvested my first duck tonight. I jump hunted a area lake and connected with a small duck. I shot it at about 15-20 yards, using my 40#,1963 Pearson Colt and a 5575 gold tip with a 100 grain zwickey broad head.

I have lost a couple arrows trying to get a duck. I knew a spot where they went over every evening. One evening I was ready for them to come and right before they were within range one of the ducks fell right out of the sky. It was nailed by a falcon.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Me with aforementioned duck. Oops guess it can only be posted in one thread. The pic is in the waterfowl section.....sorry my bad!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

congrats, i get my duck stamp ever year and try when the opportunity is there. in alot of years trying i have gotten 2. always a blast. Both have been along haul road. spot and stalk, ( see them in a pond along the road and get within range.

again Congrats
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER