Thread: Chukars

Default Chukars

Went out this evening in the light snow and flused up a pair of chukars, dusted one the other got away. Did'nt think there were any here in AK.

Aktrpr

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

there aren't any here. if there are some loose they are escapees and ADFG has some issues on that ... the guys that raise and release them are accountable for each bird sent out.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Well

For nott being here ....I shot one.

Aktrpr

Default Pt Mack

This must be out by falcon's ridge? Good job getting one. That's cool!

Default Chuckar

I've dropped two a couple years out there in Pt. McK....good eating

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Default Eklutna

I shot 2 of them while duck hunting in the Knik inlet. I jumped 2 different coveys. They are super fast! These were let go by the guys that run dogs out there.

Default Chuckars in Anchorage

I was driving down Northern Lights by the Air Port and had to do a double take as there was a Chuckar walking down the Castle Trail. I have only seen them as I drive by them on my trips to the lower forty eight. I looked them up on the net and that is whet it was. They have the funniest waddle. I'm guessing it escaped from a yard in Turnagin

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Nain View Post
    I shot 2 of them while duck hunting in the Knik inlet. I jumped 2 different coveys. They are super fast! These were let go by the guys that run dogs out there.

well hope for a cold snowy winter... F&G says they will not survive the winter. but should a pair or to find a refuge. those bird farms out there will be out of business.. F&G and the state have very stringent laws on NON indigenous species being released in to the wild..

persnally i dont care they are ground feeders and wont compete with the grouse already here... same for Phesant..

but the law is clearly written on the subject. I would be very upset to find that next spring i couldn't order in eggs or chicks becasue some one was being careless in their release and shoot program.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here