Thread: Where to buy Cerakote / Moly Resin / etc

Default Where to buy Cerakote / Moly Resin / etc

Hello
    I was thinking of doing some guns up in Cerakote or Moly Resin and am having trouble finding someone who will ship it up here. Does anybody know if it is sold locally?

I'm looking for the actual product, not someone to put it on. I'll do the spraying and baking.

Arctic Gun works in Fairbanks does Cerakote and Arctic Coat. Maybe he will sell you some.

AKF, what kind of troubles you have encountered in shipping? It should be able to be trucked up. I know when I done 3 firearms in Duracote 2 or 3 yrs. back I had it trucked to Fbks. and then I had it flown in to where I live.

At times it is better to have one do it than get involved into the personal cost of buying the gear for just one firearm. I mean it is all up to you, I can understand to do it yourself, there is alot to say when you have done it yourself - a prideful thing it is.

I am seriously leaning waaaay out there to do a true rust blue and getting a good product like Sun Goddess is tricky here without going the roundabout way thru a stateside friend this winter.

I have nothing but....time, Lord willing. Cerakote is a good product from all I have gathered but I will work the metal on 1 rifle first for a "true" metal finish.

have fun on your project.

Thanks for the reply. What I meant was that when I got onto the website of the company that makes cerakote they only ship to the lower 48. It says right on their website that if you don't like it then find someone in the 48 to relay the shipment for you. When I got on Brownells and tried to order it, they said they only ship it by "ocean" which I was unsure about and did not proceed with the order.

I was just curious if anybody had it or gun kote locally.