Thread: Black Feather Boats

Default Black Feather Boats

Anybody own/have experience with the Chilcat30 cruiser models? Was looking at their website, looks like a very nice boat.

I've seen one here in Juneau. Looks like a nice boat. Appears to be virtually identical to the TomCats built by CDory. I think I read somewhere that Blackfeather acquired the mold(s) from CDory. Not sure about this, though.

I know a guy who owns one. They are the same molds from C-dorys 1st model of catamaran. They ride nice and are fuel efficient. Can be spendy though like $150,000 is the starting point for the bare bones model.

They are built here in Juneau, and they use vacuum bagging so the boat is way strong and way light. This guy I know is chartering it in Hoonah but has moved on to other tourist businesses and might be willing to part with his boat (PM me if you like).

Cool boats but out of my league. These boats require big HP

www.ecocats.com and www.bwseacat.com who makes a boat similar to the Blackfeather in size and fit out but does only 20kts but using 2 60HP Yamahas!!! Unfortunately these companies are in England... now if we could get Blackfeather to make these cats that would be cool.