Thread: Lost Fly Reel on Russian

Default Lost Fly Reel on Russian

Yep,
    I lost a brand new fly reel (should be in the case) on the Russian around 9/16/08. If by chance someone found I would appreciate being contacted. Other than that my group had 4 broken rods, lots of big Bows, Dollies and Silvers on the fly/beads and many a good Alaska stories and laughs. We will be back next year!

Dang I wish i had known, I was camped there from the 16 through the 28th but fished the kenai only. I checked into the forum a couple of times but i see you just posted it. I know we would have went and looked. If someone on here finds it you have a good chance of getting it back. next year stop by and see all of us in the rainbow trout loop and say hi
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Hey Chuck,
    We passed a few people that day so we didn't go back and look when I realized it was gone a couple days later. I hope someone that really needs a good reel ended up with it if I never see it again.

I totally planned on getting by your camp but I made the mistake of giving the buddies a shot on the middle Kenai for Silvers on the fly and it was way too good, suffice it to say I fished the middle Kenai for bows and Silvers alot this year. It seemed to me the trout were not as hot as last year on the upper but maybe it was just me? I had one really good day on the upper that we dubbed super tuesday. The dumping rain couldn't put a damper on that day.

I will be back next year and will not miss stopping by your camp.

Default correct

Fishing was a bit slow this year and i was on the water that day tuesday with all the liquid sunshine. I got there monday and my first day on the water was tuesday, Did ok them but it got better. next year like was said. Feel free to stop by. There were about 8-10 folks from this site that i met that joined us over the 2 weeks. Check out for drifter016 and his post on his report from the fishing to the evenings around camp. Hope to see you next year
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight