Thread: My First Alaska Photos

Default My First Alaska Photos

Hi guy's any critiques welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Two more. Taken out at Eklutna lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good compositions with some nice angles and S curves in there. Also, good colors, but a little dull from the lack of sunlight. Cranking up the saturation just a tad, and warming them up a bit might help. Perhaps too much gray sky showing.

What is missing is something in the foreground. You have nice backgrounds, and a couple have some interesting middle ground, but there is nothing up close. Nothing says there has to be, of course, but I'm just thinking they could be improved with something interesting up close and off to the side. A person, animal, old boat, tree branch, berry patch, etc. Anything really.

They are nice though, and it's a great reminder that this is the time to go out and get some color.

Wasilla, Alaska

Man, how did I miss these? They are really nice. I agree with Jim, bump the saturation a bit and maybe tweak the levels. Well done!

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Thanks for the tip guy's. I'll have to look into how to change the saturation, I've never done that, still pretty new to all this. Although the real pictures look better, something got lost when they were reduced to post here.