Thread: Sealing process for Dall Sheep...........

Default Sealing process for Dall Sheep...........

Hey fellow Dall hunters,

JUST A QUICK QUESTION? I SHOT A REAL NICE RAM THIS YEAR AND I REALLY DID NOT LIKE IT WHEN THE GUY AT FISH & GAME DRILLED MY NICE HORN I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THAT THERE SHOULD BE A DIFFERENT WAY DO HANDLE THIS SEALING PROCESS...

AKSHEEPHUNTER

AKsheephunter: That is the same way they do it here in Wyoming.. My son found a winter killed Bighorn one spring on the National Elk Refuge while looking for sheds, and the G&F let him keep it, but plugged it. He killed a nice full curl Bighorn in "97, ( I got him on film while doing it), and G&F plugged it .. leaving for our sheep hunt in eleven hours... Les

Default no problem

I killed my first sheep a few weeks ago, and recently took the horns in to have them sealed. I had previously heard about the drill and plug, so I was not surprised when he drilled a nice size hole in it. I asked him why they decided to do that, and he replied that it was the way they seal sheep down in the states, and that FNWS asked they do it up here for consistency. I had no problem with that whatsoever. When my ram gets mounted, the plug will never be seen. Might make things a little more difficult on poachers too, so for that, I am all for it.
    J