Thread: Black Bear

Default Black Bear

Question for all you... Me and some buddies were up at crow creek this past weekend and we spotted some Black bear from the trail. The bears were around 3500 feet. We crossed the creek and got up on the same hill they were on, the hill side was covered in berries. We got about 600yds from them and we were smoked and we realized we working to hard for black bears LOL. So we sat there thinking they would make there way down but they never did they just kept going higher, they never spooked and the wind was in out favor and we were below them. So to the questions will they come down once the snow hits? or will they stay there get fat off the berries and den up?

Default My Experience

They will do what ever they want to do
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Default Same problem

I had the same problem the other weekend. The bear I was watching kept getting higher but you would think that they would come down to go back into the alders at some point. I got tired of watching my bear so I just climbed higher than him and scared him back into the alders.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

try to keep a varmint caller in your pocket.. when you see them up high try to call them down.. if they are hungry they will come.. but once you start calling you don't stop.. or they will stop coming.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks we are going to try the varmint caller.