Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions for best binoculars

Default opinions for best binoculars

what are you guys using? I got a cheap pair of Bushnells right now but can't stand the lens flare can't even look at a hillside towards the west at dusk. The flare is so bad they can only be used for about 70% of required scouting. Need suggestions?

I spent the $ on a pair of the pocket sized Zeiss. I LOVE them. So far, I havent needed anything esle. Anything more powerful would just get me into more trouble The clarity is awesome and they have held up under extreme conditions.

Leica Ultravids.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

My Kahles (10X42) are great. Started with a pair of bushell trophy binos and then upgraded. I am so glad I did, they are worth every cent.

Default 2nd for Kahles.....

At about $800 the 8x42 Kahles are outstanding glass. I have an older pair of 8x30 Swarovski but cannot justify that expenditure for those now days. The Kahles are the equal of the most expensive in brightness and clarity with half the price tag. I think these are the best buy for the money.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default zeiss 10x40 classic

If you can still find them armor coated 10x40 classic zeiss. hands down the best i have tried. better than the swarovski's

Default Zeiss

After much research last year I got the Zeiss 10x32 FL T w/Lotutec from Cameraland. The general concensus from the "experts" is the Zeiss has a better picture and is of good quality, the Swaro has a beter "feel" and more positive focus adjustment. You can get their "demo" pairs for quite a bit less. When mine arrived it was brand new in a factory sealed box. I think they call them demos just so the manufacturer will let them mark down some of them?
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

I am a swarovski guy, but trust me...The new Nikon EDG's are not better than the swaros, they are WAY better. Best binocular made period right now...However they cost 1800-2000.

We have two pair's of Leica's in our house and a set of the Zeiss FL's as well. All are great glass.
    I just purchased a pair of the Canon IS 10x30 glasses for boat use ($340) and for my eyes they are as sharp as either the Leica's or Zeiss. I would certaintly check out the Canon's if they are in your price range.

The suggestions posted in response to your post are all top end stuff. Fine if you want it and if you can afford it. What sort of budget constraints do you have to work with? Knowing that can help responders give yo some relevant advice. Not knocking the good stuff but you can put those Bushnells back in the optics stone age where they belong with anywhere from $200-500 depending on what you need.

For example, the Promaster Infinity Elite ELX ED is scary good for $500. Call Doug at CameralandNY and ask him about them. I should have my new one tomorrow.

Steve

Minox, are a real good glass for the price. I have a pair of and I love it.

Default Check out the...

Pentax DCF XP 8x33.. Polycarbonate frame, 1 lb. full size binos. Glass all day, no headaches, compared very favorably to European glass in our admittedly unscientific "campfire tests"- $330.

Default Swarovski

I have a pair of Swarovski EL's and would prefer leaving my weapon at home than the binos. I can't say enough good about them. They are spendy to put up that much cash but well worth it.

I really like my "Leica Trinovid 10x42 BA", and I still keep the "Swarovski 8x30 SLC" on hand for those days when I need something lite and compact.

Default Swarovski

I bought some 10x42 SLC Swarovskis 4 years ago. I bought them used for $800 but like new. My only regret....that I didn't buy them 15 years ago so i could have enjoyed superior optics while outdoors! Just spend the $$$ and don't look back.

I know that I have said this before but I will take the Minox HG's over the Swaro SL's! The weight is the only reason however and I would drop my minox in a hurry for a set of swaro EL's!

Nikon Monarchs are excellent

A friend had compared zeiss, leica and minox and said he was very impressed with the minox. So I decided to try a pair of the HG 10X43's that camera land is clearing out, and I've been quite pleased with them. Getting a $950 pair of binos for $580 was pretty apealing, and I belive they still have a few pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    A friend had compared zeiss, leica and minox and said he was very impressed with the minox. So I decided to try a pair of the HG 10X43's that camera land is clearing out, and I've been quite pleased with them. Getting a $950 pair of binos for $580 was pretty apealing, and I belive they still have a few pairs.
    HAHA. I did the same thing Paul about a week ago. My wife is getting them for her Christmas present. So we'll be selling her Leupolds sometime after the New Year. Great glass at an even better price.

Default +1 minox

I got the HG 10x42 from Doug and they were FANTASTIC and they are better than some much higher priced glasses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast