Thread: 700 Grizzly-

Default 700 Grizzly-

Now that the Grizzly 700 has been on the market for a few years. I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with theirs. I have 250 miles on mine so far and its been a great machine. Any thoughts?

I have approximately 950 miles on my 2007 Grizzly 700 Special Edition and not one single problem. It has been a great machine! I only wish I could ride it more...I split my riding between my Grizzly and my 2007 Rhino 660 (982 miles).
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Thumbs up 2007 Grizzly

I had a problem with the reverse overide sensor. I would be riding along and the reverse light would start blinking, then lose power, not a good thing to happen when you are on the Big "O". Went back to the dealer, was replaced under warranty, No problems this year.

Just over 1000 miles and not a single problem. Lovin' this machine. '07 700 Ducks Unlimited version.
    EricL

I have to add something. You hear about how the big bore machines are terrible on gas. Today, Dad and I took a trip out to the Glacier (Knik). I was on my '07 and Dad rode a buddy's '08 700 Grizz. 52.5 miles round trip. I put 2.7 gallon in the '07 and 2.4 gallon in the '08. Me and my machine were probably about 80lbs heavier than Dad. They seem to do very well in the fuel economy category also.
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by EricL View Post
    I have to add something. You hear about how the big bore machines are terrible on gas. Today, Dad and I took a trip out to the Glacier (Knik). I was on my '07 and Dad rode a buddy's '08 700 Grizz. 52.5 miles round trip. I put 2.7 gallon in the '07 and 2.4 gallon in the '08. Me and my machine were probably about 80lbs heavier than Dad. They seem to do very well in the fuel economy category also.
    I see about the same mpg on my 2007 Grizzly 700...I am very happy with it!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default The Kraut's love em!

I am personally NOT a Yamaha fan, but could not help but notice that the Germans are quite fond of them indeed! When I was there this spring I must have seen a dozen or more Grizzlies tooling around in town. Everyone knows how freakish the Germans are about reliable transportation, so you kind of have to figure that if they were problematic or had a high failure rate that you wouldn’t see many. Interestingly, I did not see any other brand…………………….

Perhaps that doesn’t bode well for a Suzuki owner like myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

1200 miles on my 700 and no problems whatsoever.

Default Hitch

The only problem I have had was a broken trailer hitch on my 07. The dealer told me that was a common problem, replace it with a new heavy duty hitch and all will be fine.

Default Overheating Issues after Hard Mud Runs

The only problem I have had so far was overheating only because I packed my radiator full or snow and mud. After muddin make sure you wash it out good. May look clean, but mud is still on the backside sometimes. Other than that I love the bike. Of course I was runnin wide open when i overheated so probably wont happen in most cases.

Just under 1500 miles so far on my 08 Grizz 700 SE. I ride it HARD. Just ask AKmuddy. ;-) Not one problem so far. If Yamaha continues to build their machines like this one - I'll never buy anything else.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    . Everyone knows how freakish the Germans are about reliable transportation, ]
    Everyone knows how the rest of the world likes being broke down on the side of the Trail/Road. That explains why people buy Fiats and Renaults.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default yammy

I am a yamaha fan, and I have a Big bear.nWhat I can say about my buddies griz 700, kicks my butt in overall power and weight capacity. If youre alone and you get stuck, you not moving it out of a mud hole unless you a lot stronger than me. Or you have a winch and a strong anchor point. And you cant ride accross the ferry trail bridge. Other than that Id buy one in a heart beat.